You know Installing WordPress theme and plugin is a very easy process like plug & play.
After reading this article, you will be able to install WordPress themes & plugins easily.
Like you, I had also suffered so much in the beginning while installing themes and plugins in WordPress.
By the time, I had learned many things that I’m sharing with you today.
- Which theme do I have to use for my blog?
- What are the most important plugins that I need to install?
- Identifying bad theme and plugins for my blog.
- How can I use a single theme on multiple websites?
- And so many things that I have covered in this blog.
I have also answered several questions that you may have in your mind related to Installing WordPress theme and plugin at the end of this article.
Let’s get started.
Table of Contents.
- Why GeneratePress?
- How to install a WordPress theme?
- Why Yoast SEO?
- How to install plugins in WordPress?
First of all, I would like to give you a quick overview of the GeneratePress theme that we will be installing today.
GeneratePress theme is the best WordPress blog that you use it in your multipurpose niche websites.
As per WordPress.org, GeneratePress is currently running on Version 2.4.2 with Active Installations: 200,000+ and has received 5 Star reviews on over 978.
And, according to the GeneratePress website.
- This theme has been Downloaded over 2,579,573+, 5 Star reviews over 900+, Active websites 200,000+, and Happy Customers 60,000+.
- GeneratePress’s core theme is 100% FREE. However, you can buy their premium versions as well.
- It’s a very lightweight theme that provides your fastest speed and usability.
- The theme weight is less than 30KB which is very small size as compared to the other WordPress themes.
- GeneratePress comes with a Gutenburg block editor that helps you create great content.
- And, you can use it with popular page builders like Beaver Builder and Elementor.
- Lightweight and mobile responsive.
- Modular design.
- Developer friendly.
- WooCommerce Support.
So why wait?
Let’s see how can you install it.
How to Install a WordPress Theme?
Before installing WordPress theme and plugin, you will have to log in to the WordPress dashboard. In order words, you have to access your website’s admin panel.
After, using the above process you will see the login panel.
Now, Enter the User Name and Password.
You will see your WordPress dashboard once logged in.
Now see, there is a Menu bar on your left-hand side.
Just Go to Appearance then click on Themes.
Then click on Add New.
You will see the Search bar for searching themes.
Please note: If you are a beginner, then I would suggest you installing Generate Press Theme.
Because the User Interface (UI) and User Experience (UX) are very easy to understand and setup.
So, Let’s find that theme and Install.
once the installation is done. Click on Activate theme.
After activating the theme you can see the first look of your website.
Just head over to your website name in WordPress then a mini Drop-down menu will come. Now click on Visit Site.
Now, here’s your website look.
See, installing a theme is a very easy process.
You can always customize your theme as per your need by going to Appearance then Customize section.
Let’s see how can you install plugins.
First, let me give you a quick overview of the most rated SEO plugin around the world.
Why Yoast SEO?
Yoast SEO is a plugin that every website needs. And, if you want to Rank #1 in Google then you must use this plugin.
It is believed that you can’t Rank in Google’s Top 10 results if your content is not optimized for SEO around your focus keywords.
No matter, how premium themes, plugins you are using, or well-optimized your website is.
Because CONTENT IS THE KING.
And, for writing great appealing Content for People and Google you need a Yoast SEO plugin.
According to WordPress.org, Yoast SEO is currently running on Verison 13.5 with their Active Installations: 5+ million that’s a very huge number.
It has a 5 Star rating with reviews over 25,598.
Also, as per the Yoast website.
- Their SEO plugin is the most downloaded with Over 135 Million Downloads along with 4.9 Stars out of 5.
- They have both Free and Premium versions Yoast SEO that you can download.
Let’s check out what’s included in the FREE Yoast SEO plugin.
- You can target 1 keyword or keyphrase and can optimize your content accordingly.
- It helps Google to understand what your page is about.
- It will keep an eye on every page, posts content, and will update you if you haven’t updated any page or post within 6 months.
- You will be able to see Google preview before publishing the content.
- This will check the readability of your content and gives you instant previews.
- You can manage your website’s breadcrumbs.
- It will also help you on how to write content in small paragraphs.
- You can set canonical URLs to avoid confusing Google for duplicate content.
- It helps you to check your technical settings in the background like robot.txt, .htaccess files, permalink URLs, and sitemaps.
- They always keep updating their plugin for the latest Google’s algorithm.
Let’s see how you can install the Yoast SEO plugin.
How To Install Plugins In WordPress?
Installing the Yoast SEO plugin is very easy.
Open your WordPress dashboard.
Head over to the left menu section. Then, click on the Plugins >> Add New.
Then search for Yoast SEO plugin in the search bar.
Now, click on Install and Activate the plugin.
Once activation is done. You will see the Yoast SEO Option in the left WordPress menu section.
Let’s check where you can see this plugin working.
Go to Posts then Add New.
Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page to see how your Yoast plugin looks like and can help you in writing SEO friendly content.
I have mentioned each category or option showing in the image below. Please read carefully.
I hope you found this article useful.
Let me know your questions, concerns, and suggestions in the comment section below.
In this article, I have shown you installing WordPress theme and plugin.
Also, I gave you tips on my experience for the GeneratePress theme and Yoast SEO plugin.
I believe if use the given suggestion then you can make your website easily and mobile user friendly.
And, I’m 100% sure if you follow the Yoast SEO plugin suggestions then you can make your content more user friendly for people and Google. One day your content will Rank in google for sure.
FAQs related to Installing WordPress Themes and Plugin
Yes! You can use the WordPress theme on multiple sites.
You can use the GeneratePress theme. Their User experience and User Interface is very easy to use.
GeneratePress theme is the best for SEO friendly theme.
GeneratePress is a mobile responsive theme you can use.
It depends if your content has only text then no problem. But, if you’re using more graphics then chances are high.
No! if your SEO plugin is the same.
Oshine Photography theme would be best for photographers.
Viseo theme would be best for the podcast.
Astra theme would be best for artists.
Yoast SEO plugin! No doubt. If you want to rank higher in Google’s Top 10 results.
Google Site Kit is google’s plugin that you can use for FREE.
Google Reviews Widget plugin you can use for google reviews.
Smash Balloon Social Photo Feed plugin is for Instagram feed.
Photo Gallery by 10Web plugin is available for photo gallery.
Contact Form 7 plugin is free that you can use.
Hey, I’m Deepak Sharma.
Enjoying Blogging. An exporter by profession. Learning new things especially about passive income sources becoming my new passion.