Do you ever think that you don’t have to go salon and wait for your turn and Do you want beauticians to come to your place and serve you and give a feel like a salon?
Then Don’t worry, many service providers here serve all beauty services at your place, your convenience.
Are you a working woman and you do not have “Me Time” to pamper yourself? If you think about the year 2010 no service provider serves beauty service at home. But nowadays many players work in that field.
So in this blog, we will know whole business information related to Beauty service at Home.
Let’s check what is special in it:-
- How does Home Service Work?
- Who wants this Service?
- Market Size and Growth of Beauty Services.
- Marketing strategy of Home Service
- Top Websites/app for Beauty Service at Home
- Difficulties arise in Home Beauty Service
- Frequently Asked Questions
It is an On-demand service where people can book any beautician or professional for beauty services with few touch points on your mobile screen.
With the use of technology, Entrepreneurs made it possible to bring all services on a fingertip. With the help of technology and management, they bring beauty salon at your doorstep.
Are you interested to open your Beauty Salon? Here is the All information about Beauty salon Business
How does Home service work?
If you do not have time to go to the salon for service and wait for your turn then you can download the app which provides beauty services at home.
From the following steps, you can easily bring beauty salon at your home according to your convenience.
1. Visit the website or download the app of the service provider. After installation fills the required basic details.
2. Now you have to add the location where we want the service.
3. Here you can search your required services and see profiles and ratings of beauty professionals before booking.
4. After the selection of service and beautician, now you have to choose the date and time of service.
5. Now you get various options for payments like debit/credit cards, UPI, or pay after service, etc. Choose an option and confirm your booking.
6. After the booking, you will get a confirmation message and email from the service provider side and they assign the beautician for your service.
7. Then beautician comes to your place at the given time and sets up all the products and equipment and serves you.
Want Know about Online Cosmetic Products Store. Read this Blog also.
Who wants this service?
Target customers:- Target customers for this business are the working people (mainly women) who live in a metro or tier-2 city.
Most Targeted Customers
|Metro, Tier-2 cities
Want to know Rise of Cosmetic Industry in India? Read this.
The market size of Home service business
The on-demand economy is attracting approx 2.5 crore consumers annually. And there is a lot of potential and growth in the beauty service business.
It is a risk-free and recession-free industry because it is essential for people. At present, the total market size of the beauty service industry is approx 74,700 crores and it is still growing at a year-on-year rate of 13%.
Marketing strategies for Home service
The growth of the on-demand market is increasing day by day and on that beauty service is a sector that has the fastest growth. There are following market strategies to increase the business.
- User-friendly interface:- The world has moved toward mobile-first and this is a technology-based business model. Most people use mobile for anything. To attract the customers the app or website interface should be well-designed and user-friendly.
- Easy the process of booking, cancellations, and reschedules:- Make easy steps for booking, cancellations, and reschedules by using the mobile app. It attracts customers and helps to grow your business.
- Availability management:- The management of the availability of beauty professionals and appointments should be very clear. They should have the choice to choose their favorite beautician at their own time and place.
- Integrate different Payment methods:- You should provide different payment options like Debit/credit card, UPI, Wallets, or pay after service, to the customers so that they can pay you easily.
- Offering introductory Promo codes:- The main difficulty for startups is to find their first customer. The cost of advertisement and marketing of the app is too much. So to make your first customer give her initial promo code so that they can try your services.
- Provide Coupons and Offers:- To attract your customer base, give them extra offers and coupons so that they take your service again and again.
- Add customized Package:- sometimes it is seen that packages available in your platform do not match with customer’s needs. So you should give options so that customers can make a package according to their needs.
Also know about the marketing Strategy of Spa Industry in India.
Top Websites /Apps for Beauty services at Home
“Salon services at Home” is now the golden sector in the Beauty industry. Many players provide home services in tier-1 and 2 cities. So, let’s discuss the Top apps:-
Now urban clap is known as Urban Company. Urban Company provides service professionals for different categories like electrician, plumber, tutor, makeup artists, etc and it acquires the highest shares in beauty services too. Hence, they have separated the beauty service sector from other categories.
Urban Company was launched in November 2014 in Delhi. During 5 years they have expanded into Australia, UAE, and Singapore. In the financial year 2018-19, The company’s gross revenue more than double to Rs 116 crore from Rs46 crore in the previous year.
Getlook is dedicated only for Beauty service at home. It was founded by a couple of IIT Kharagpur and based out of Mumbai. They currently serve in Mumbai, Pune, Banglore, Hyderabad, Delhi, and Lucknow also.
HouseJoy is Banglore based company that provides home services with different categories. It also provides beauty service which generates the highest revenue for their business. They serve in Banglore, Mumbai, and Delhi also.
Barber’s Nation also provides Salon services at home. It is Chhattisgarh based company which covers two Smart cities Raipur and Bilaspur. They also provide an online salon booking system to their customers who don’t need home service and want to book nearby salon.
VanityCube is an On-demand beauty service company which provides home services of salon works. They serve in the Delhi-NCR region. VanityCube has been acquired by VLCC, which is one of the biggest India’s beauty company.
Vyomo is a mobile-based beauty service platform that was founded in March 2015 in Banglore. They serve in Delhi, Gurgaon, Noida, Banglore and Mumbai also. They also provide a platform to search and book the salon’s appointment. Natural, One of the biggest Salon chain company in India, has invested Rs100 crore on Vyomo in 2016.
Difficulty arises in Beauty service sector
The priority of service providers is to provide the best service by trained beauticians. The price should be so affordable for the target customers.
But the main difficulty that arises in front of entrepreneurs is the lack of experienced and trained workers and professionals.
In conclusion, Beauty service at Home Business model is now at Boom in India. It is growing very fast.
Some local beauticians also provide services beauty services at the doorstep which is very unorganised. You can also start this business with the local beauticians.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Ans:- To book a service, firstly you have to go to the service provider’s online platform. Now search for the service that you want. Choose your service, date, and time. Now, fill the basic details, address, and book your beautician accordingly.
Ans:- I think Urbanclap is working very well in this field and provide the best service and experience to their client.
Ans:- Target customers for this business are the working people (mainly women) who live in a metro or tier-2 city.
Ans:- At present, the total market size of the beauty service industry is approx 74,700 crores and it is still growing at a year-on-year rate of 13%.
Ans:- The main difficulty that arises in front of entrepreneurs is the lack of experienced and trained workers and professionals.