Having oily skin and acne can be a very irritating experience. People don’t fall in love with their oily acne prone skin. Sometimes it can be very frustrating and exasperating.
ACNE IS A BIGGER PROBLEM THAN INJURIES–-Brian Clough
Acne-prone oily skin results in breakouts, improper makeup application, sensitivity to comedogenic products, and excess sebum. Acne is a common skin problem that is affecting most of the world at different stages of their lives.
Nowadays, there are many scientific treatments for acne. But this modern acne treatment is very exorbitant and can also affect your skin. These modern treatments don’t last for long.
Because of this people are now looking for natural home remedies to cure acne. Home remedies are cost-friendly and you guys have full control over your pimple remedies as you know exactly what you are using on your skin.
In this article, you will learn the occurrence of acne, home remedies for acne and some tip to prevent acne.
What You’ll See in it:
- How Acne Occurs?
- Effective Home Remedies for Acne
- Effective Tips for Getting Rid of Acne
- User’s Question
How Acne Occurs?
Acne occurs when the pores get clogged with dead skin cells or oil and get tainted by bacteria. An oily substance known as sebum is secreted by the sebaceous gland which is connected with pores.
Excess secretion of sebum results in the growth of bacteria known as Propionibacterium acnes, or P. acnes This bacteria signals white blood cells which causes inflammation and swelling.
There are many other factors that are also responsible for the occurrence of acne such as poor unhealthy diet, infections, hormonal imbalance, stress and genetics.
After doing so much research and experiments, I have narrowed some home remedies for acne skin and some preventive measures which you guys can use to treat your acne skin.
Effective Home Remedies for Acne
Home remedies for acne involve the extraction of nature’s herbal ingredients. These natural methods has been used from thousands of the year as medicine.
So, here are some natural remedies to get rid of acne:
Acne Remedy: Aloe Vera
Why it works:
Aloe vera is a juicy lushy medicinal plant that contains a clear gel. It has fleshy short-stemmed leaves that store water. Aloe vera provides many benefits to your skin and body.
This wonder plant acts as an antibacterial agent that helps in reducing P.acne bacteria that causes acne. Aloe vera is suitable for all skin types. It not only good for sunburn but also helps in healing your skin and body internally. It is an excellent anti-inflammatory agent.
Aloe vera contains sulfur and salicylic acid which has proven to be the best treatment for acne.
Ways to use:
Below I am mentioning various recipes that you can use:
- Extract the gel from aloe vera plant or you can use handmade paraben-free aloe product and apply it directly to your clean skin like an aftershave lotion or moisturizer. Apply 2-3 times daily for good results.
- Mix aloe vera gel with few drops of essential oils at night. Use this mask daily.
- Mix aloe vera gel with your daily face packs.
Acne Remedy: Tea Tree Oil
Why it works:
Tea Tree oil is one of the best home remedies for acne. Tea Tree oil an essential oil that smells like camphor. It is either colorless or pale yellow in color.
This oil is extracted from the leaves of tree tea also known as Melaleuca alternifolia. Traditionally this oil is used as herbal medicine to treat bacterial and fungal infection.
As we say old is gold, tea tree oil helps in healing and soothing skin from acne and reduces blemishes. It helps in killing P.acne bacteria which causes acne and inflammation.
Its anti-fungal properties also helps in getting rid of dandruff.
Ways to use:
Remember do not use tea tree oil directly on your skin. Always use tea tree oil with moisturizer, water, rose water, olive oil, toner, coconut oil, or almond oil. Below are various methods you can use:
- Mix some amount of tea tree oil with a carrier oil(olive oil, coconut oil, or almond oil) or moisturizer and apply it directly on your skin to reduce inflammation on your oily skin. Apply 1-2 times daily for good results.
- Mix a few drops of tea tree oil into your suncream, toner or moisturizer to remove oil and block pores.
- You can also mix tea tree oil in your daily face mask.
- Tea tree oil makes a good toner. You can dilute tea tree oil with witch hazel(medicinal plant).
Acne Remedy: Apple Cider Vinegar
Why it works:
Apple Cider Vinegar(ACV)is brewed with bacteria and yeast which develops acetic acid. ACV is highly rich in malic acid, citric acid, and amino acid. Because of the presence of these acids, ACV has excellent antibacterial and antifungal properties which help in killing P.acne.
Many people use apple cider vinegar for reducing acne. It soothes the skin, reduces acne scars, and reduces acne inflammation. Basically, ACV dries up the oily skin that causes acne.
Ways to use:
Never use ACV directly to your skin. Make sure to dilute it water. Here I am narrowing some methods which you can use. Remember always use diluted ACV.
- Mix one teaspoon of apple vinegar with 3 teaspoons of water and apply to your cleansed face with cotton balls. Then leave it for 5-10 secs and rinse off. Repeat this process 1-2 times daily for good results.
- Mix ½ teaspoon honey to diluted ACV and apply the mixture to your skin, let it sit for 15 mins and then rinse with water.
- Mix 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar with 2 tablespoon water and one tablespoon aloe gel. Keep this mixture in a spraying bottle. Then apply this toner all over your face daily.
- Mix one tablespoon ACV in one tablespoon lemon juice, one cup of water,½ cinnamon powder, one table honey, and a pinch of cayenne pepper. Then mix all these ingredients properly and drink every day to remove acne.
Guys guess what??? Because of the antifungal properties of ACV, it helps in removing fungus from your scalp.
Acne Remedy: Honey
Why it Works:
Honey is one that home remedies for acne which is being used since ancient ages to treat skin problems. It is highly beneficial for skin as it contains all the important nutrition that moisturizers, heals, and soothes the skin.
Honey is an excellent antibacterial agent that fights and kills bacteria on your skin. As honey contains antioxidant it not only protects your skin but also improves your complexion and slows down your aging process.
Ways to Use:
Here I am narrowing some recipes that you can use:
- First, wash your face with lukewarm water that will open your pores and then roll out raw honey on your skin; let it sit for 15 mins, and rinse off with lukewarm water and then with cold water to clog the pores.
- Mix one tablespoon honey with ½ tablespoon lemon juice and 1 tablespoon lukewarm olive oil. Spread this mask on your face and let it sit for 20 mins; Rinse your face with lukewarm water and then with cold water.
- Mix one tablespoon of raw honey with ½ teaspoon turmeric powder. Apply this mask on your face; keep it for 20 mins, and rinse with cold water.
Acne Remedy: Green Tea
Why it works:
I think you all know that green tea is good for our health as it increases our metabolism. Guess what green tea also helps in curing in your acne. Green Tea has antibiotic, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Green Tea contains catechins and epigallocatechin gallate(EGCG) that is responsible for reducing acne and inflammations.
When a high level of Androgen hormone produced by the human body fluctuates it activates the sebaceous gland to produce more oil. This oil clogs pores which increase bacteria. EGCG present in Green Tea helps in breaking this cycle.
Green tea also promotes hair growth. Catechins present in green tea stimulates hair growth.
Ways to use:
Below is the following recipes you can use:
- First, steep a green tea bag in hot water for 4 minutes. After 4 mins remove the bag and let it cool. Cut the bag and take out the leaves. Now mix honey with the leaves and apply on your cleansed face for about 20 minutes. Finally, Rinse your face with cold water and pat it dry.
- Steep green tea in boiling for about 4 minutes. Allow the tea to cool. Keep this tea in a spraying bottle. Spray the tea on your cleansed face and let it dry. Rinse your face with cold water. Repeat this process daily.
So, with these acne home remedies works magic, here are some tips that one should keep in mind for acne free skin.
Effective Tips for Getting Rid of Acne
Apart from these home remedies for acne, it is important to change your daily lifestyle routine to prevent acne. So, here are some tips to follow:
Wash Your Face
Cleanse your face at least twice a day daily. Dirt ingrained on the surface of your face over the day and this leads to clogging of skin pores with excess oil and dirt that causes acne. So, it is important to wash your face with foaming soap and facial cleanser to remove excess oil and dirt.
Don’t Over Scrub Your Skin
It is recommended to not over scrub your skin as it will result in skin irritation and redness.
Drink as much water as you can. Staying hydrated helps in removing dead skin cells as well as excessive sebum from your skin.
Don’t Pop Your Pimple
Do not touch or pop your pimples as it can cause infection and further breakouts.
Change Your Lifestyle
Poor diet, frequent weight gain and weight loss also causes acne. Avoid processed food and unhealthy food that triggers acne. Regular workout is also necessary as it helps in replenishing your skin.
In this modern era, acne is becoming a common problem, especially for teenagers. Modern treatment for acne can be very expensive and can affect your skin.
Luckily, these natural home remedies are boon to your skin. The home remedies for acne which I have mentioned in this article may be effective for everyone but keep searching until you find the best regimen for your skin.
If you have severe acne that you can consult a dermatologist to get the perfect treatment for your oily acne skin.
Yes ice will definitely help in reducing acne. Ice helps in reducing swelling and pain caused by pimple.
There is no research linked to it, but as you know acne is a disease of hair follicles that get clogged sebum. When hair follicles get clogged, facial hair will not have enough breather to come out.
Acne is considered to be a sign of infertility when acne occurs by hormonal imbalance causing polycystic ovarian syndrome(PCOS).
The white fluid in the pimple is the pus caused by excess sebum, bacteria, and dead cells.
Drinking lot of water everyday helps you in fighting inflammation and gives your soft and smooth skin
Hey! I am Prachi Gupta from Zirakpur, Punjab.