What is the Startup India Hub?
Startup India Hub is the largest online platform for all the entrepreneurs and startups in India. It connects all the startups with tens of thousands of Mentors, Accelerators, Incubators, and investors at one platform.
It also allows all the startups to connect based on Industries, Locations, and other criteria. Startups get another benefit on the portal of accessing a wealth of free resources provided by the Government bodies.
It also allows them to participate in various programs and challenges hosted and organized by Government and corporate bodies.
What’s in it for me?
- Benefits of Startup India hub portal
- Making your Hub Profile
- How to create a Program
- Create your program and make it live
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Benefits of Startup India hub portal with access to the variety of Online Resources
- You will get access to the knowledge repository, which will be your Online Guide to start a Business. This repository includes many key terms, the process of registration, etc., stakeholders and legal requirements, and more.
- You will be able to avail of valuable services that are provided by the partners with the government for free. These services include banking, cloud services, legal help, and more.
- You will have access to all the template formats that are verified by the officials. These templates include the template for every function and every role that is from legal to HR to Finance to Customer Support.
- You will have access to a list of courses mainly designed for entrepreneurs on topics ranging from Data Analytics to Design Thinking.
- You will get the chance to participate in Government and corporate challenges. Participation will help you to get noticed, mentorship support, win cash giants, incubation, and more.
If you want to start your startup but not getting any idea then you should read our article on best business ideas for startups.
Some Tips for Making your Hub Profile
- You should write a crisp ” About us” section that can catch attention. Write in brief that includes a two-paragraph maximum. You should focus on what your company does and what makes you different from your competitors. You may focus on your key achievements and what challenges you have faced so far.
- Your team will be your strength. You must use the membership section to focus on the qualities and strengths of your core team members. Perspective business partners look for great people with great ideas to take a relationship forward.
- You should upload a pitch deck. It adds weightage to your profile by illustrating how your ideas are well-formed. People are more likely to have a serious interest in working with you after seeing your deck.
Add pictures to your profile that includes the logo of your company with the photos of your team members. Profiles having photos are more likely to get 4X more views and attention.
- Always have updated contact details in your profile. Outdated or unreachable contact details may lead to losing your opportunity with potential partners and investors. Always remember to include your website link for instant browsability and keep your contact numbers and emails updated.
- Always try to participate in hub challenges made by corporate and government, which is also a great way to grow and learn. Winners of these challenges will earn a badge to their profile. Investors use these badges in their searches to refine and identify outstanding startups on their hubs.
How to create a Program
What is a Program?
Also termed as events hosted by corporates, stakeholders, and Government Departments. In this, they discover innovative solutions to their problems. They also explore the potential startups to whom they can go for partnership.
Startups and entrepreneurs can participate in such programs, which include challenges and hackathons, etc., hosted on Startup India hub Portal. Startups can win cash prizes, funding, incubation, and other kinds of support by participating in these programs.
Types of Program:
Startup India hub provides several types of programs that Corporates, stakeholders, and Government departments.
- Incubator Program
- Workshop/ Event
- Accelerator Program
Who is the Host?
A host is the one who creates any type of programs that are mentioned above. You should have the following profile type for being a host:
- Government Departments
Overview of the Program creation:
You have to create your Host Profile. We will explain how to create a host profile below this section.
You have to wait until it gets published. Your profile may take approx 48 hours as the Startup team has to check and verify your profile to make sure that whether it fits the role of a Host or not.
Go to Your Dashboard Once your profile gets Published.
There you will see a tab named “My Programs.” Select ” My Programs ” to create your application for startups.
There you may create a customized Application Form.
You will be able to manage all applications through your Program Dashboard once it’s live.
What will you be able to do after Program Creation?
- Registered hosts on the Hub will be able to create their Programs, challenges, and Workshops. They will have access to manage all the applications received from the startups and others during its course.
- The platform is easy to use to reach out to a huge entrepreneurial ecosystem with the features of accepting, rejecting, and marking application as incomplete.
- You will be able to select industries, service type, and stakeholders criteria according to your needs in the application form.
Create your program and make it live:
How to create your Host Profile:
- Create your profile by visiting startupindia.gov.in and then click on the top right corner button, ” Register.”
- After you entered your mail, get verified by an OTP sent to your mail.
- Once your email gets verified, you will be directed to go ” Persona Creation” Page for creating your account.
- There you have to select your profile as a “Host”. Only Hosts are allowed to create a program.
- You should keep in mind that you can create a host profile only if you are any one of the following:
- Government Departments
- Once you have created the profile, it will take approx 48 hours to be verified.
Visit your Dashboard section.
The dashboard is the platform where you will create everything associated with your program. You have to click on ‘My Programs‘ to view all the programs created by you. You may explore programs created by other hosts on the Hub portal by clicking on ‘ View Programs.‘
On your dashboard, the latest news feed, blogs, and stakeholder’s suggestions will regularly get updated according to your relevant Field.
Select your application and program Type:
When you select the ‘ My Programs’ tab on your dashboard, you will be asked to choose the type of program or application you wish to create.
There are different types of programs available, as we discuss above. I am exploring them here again:
- Government Departments
Fill out your Program details:
Now you have to provide all the necessary information regarding your program. This will include the following fields:
- Title/Name of your Program
- Overview/Description that you want to give regarding your program
- Stakeholders to your program, which will be your target audience for the program. This field including some of the following fields
- Relevant stakeholders
- Relevant Industry
- Service type
- Detailed Eligibility criteria
- Program SPOC details: SPOC stands for “Single Point Of Contact”. It is termed as a single member or team in the industry, designated as the point of contact for all incoming communications.
- You will need to add banner images, Partners, and logos.
- You can enter your social media links if you have any. This will add more credibility to your program.
Now create your Application Form:
- Here you will be provided with a bunch of questions to choose and add it to your form. They have categorized adequately for your convenience.
- If you find that you have not found questions you are looking for, then you may add your questions in the form by clicking on the tab Additional questions on the right side of the tabs. You may create questions having text, dropdown, radio or any other type.
Managing your Application through your dashboard
- When you submit the Application, it will take less than 48 hours to get approved by the Admin.
- When your application gets approval, It will become live on the portal for the startups and others to apply.
- You may manage your entries on the dashboard.
- Portal also allows downloading these things in Excel/ printable format.
The startup hub portal is a great platform for all startups to get incubators and funding for their startups. They meet all their needs at one platform.
They get connected to other startups and stakeholders of their similar fields to share their experiences and help with the solutions.
Incubators and Investors also get a great platform at startup India hub where they can easily host their program to find out the innovative startups according to their needs.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The Startup India hub portal is designed to meet your stakeholders according to your Industry. You will be shown stakeholders according to your profile. Then you may go to their profile where you will find a button ‘ connect/apply.’
When you click on this button, then it will notify the stakeholder or investor, and once they accept your request, you will get connected to them.
You can connect with three users per week only.