Nowadays, whether you are student, office going person, businessman or a freelancer, Laptops are the necessity for your day to day tasks and their importance is going to increase in future. And it is great that they are available in different price ranges from which you can choose according to your convenience.
In this age of growing smartphone industry, on which you can perform almost everything, Laptop is still necessary because a mobile starts lagging because of low storage or low processing power. On a laptop, you can paint, write, access your social media accounts, produce music, design websites, make presentations, stream movies and series, maintain your budget, and do many other things. The list is endless!
Almost everyone is working from home right now because of the global pandemic, and this trend is going to continue. So definitely, you must be attending meetings and doing work all day long. Hence, Using a laptop to do your work is the most efficient way because you get a bigger screen and a faster processor.
Before buying anything, you must have full knowledge of the product to make the correct choice so, and In this blog, you will not only get our list of best laptops under Rs. 45000 segment but also a detailed knowledge you need to know before buying a laptop.
What’s in it for me-
- Important things to Know Before Buying a Laptop
- Guide to Buy Laptops Based on Usage
- Best Laptops under Rs. 20000
- Best Laptops between Rs. 20000 and Rs. 25000
- Best Laptops between Rs. 25000 and Rs. 30000
- Best Laptops between Rs. 30000 and Rs. 35000
- Best Laptops between Rs. 35000 and Rs. 40000
- Best Laptops between Rs. 40000 and RS. 45000
1) Important Things to Know Before Buying a Laptop
- CPU-Even if you are not a technical geek, you must have heard about the Intel core processors and AMD’s Ryzen mobile CPU. Ryzen Processors usually Perform better than Intel processors but have extra battery usage. You can also go for intel processors if you are getting a better version at the same price.
- RAM- EarlierNobody used to ask for storage before, but now it is all the craze. If the laptop has higher RAM, then you will note the increase in its performance. It will work smoothly and won’t lag. 4 or 8 GB is the minimum limit, and every laptop must have this.
All gaming laptops require a minimum of 8 GB of RAM because games are quite heavy in size, and that can affect the performance of a laptop with low RAM.
- Storage Type- Hard drives were considered quite useful, but now, they are heavy and heat quickly. That is not a good look for thin laptops. On the other hand, solid-state drives (SSD), provides more speed, runs silently, and is not hefty. Due to these factors, most good laptops come with SSD preinstalled.SSDs are much better than HDDs. They are 10 times faster than HDDs in terms of transfer speeds.
- Size- The size of the laptop you are buying matters very much. It depends on how you are going to use it. If you travel often and want an easily portable laptop, then Buy laptops with small size because they are lightweight and have long battery life, until and unless you are a gamer or video editor.
- Screen- If your work requires you to look at the laptop screen for hours, then you need a screen that is comfy to look at and doesn’t irritate your eyes. Another thing to consider is the resolution of the screen. Most of the good laptops under 45000 offer full HD or 4K screens. If you are a content creator, gamer or a photographer, then you should have a laptop with an HD display. Also, make sure that the screen is not affected by glares because that can be an annoying issue for a few people.
- Keyboard- If you use your laptop overly then, after some time, its keys might stop working or fall off. But this will not happen if your keyboard quality is excellent and durable. The layout of the keys should be open and spacious. All the keys should not be pinched into one other. It should be comfortable and familiar. The keys should give a quick response when you press them. Some keyboards lit up. You might be thinking that it is just to show off, but it has its uses. It will help you type in the dark without putting a strain on your eyes.
- Battery life- The battery life listed by the manufacturer is not always correct. Many things drain your battery like brightness, number of applications running, and whether or not you are connected to the internet. If you stream online and watch movies and videos a lot, then it is confirmed to lower the battery life. The functioning of a laptop is also an essential factor in defining battery life.
- Build Material-Give preference to the metallic body than Plastic Body, because the hinge portion of the plastic body gets weak after one or two years. Metallic bodies have a longer life.
- Touchscreen-The touch screen is extra maintenance until and unless you use it as a Pen-Tablet.
- Lifecycle-Laptop life is usually 4-5 years, but if you have invested in the right place, then it may extend to 7 years easily.
2) Guide to Buy Laptops Based on Usage:
a) For Normal Usage-
under this category, you may use the laptop only for watching movies; opening and creating presentations, docs, word files etc.; surfing and using social media.
b) For Coding/Office Purposes-
the laptops under this category can efficiently perform regular tasks, but they should be the lightweight and small size; usually, 14 inches ( for easy carrying), have long battery life, have backlit (light under the keyboard for working in the dark), should have SSD (Solid State Drive) rather than HDD ( Hard Disk Drive) because SSD are faster than HDD
c) For Performance-based Tasks-
These laptops can perform all routine and coding tasks smoothly but also play heavy games and heavy industry software. Video editors and animators also require these kinds of laptops.
These laptops must have a 15.6 inches screen because you need to work on more than one screen panel during video editing, game streaming etc.
Depending on usage you may get the laptop with following features under particular price segments. This is the list of best laptops under 45000:
|Price (INR)||Normal Use||Coding use||Performance use|
|20K – 30K||Features: Screen size- 14 inches RAM- 4 GB ROM- 128 GB SSD ( prefer SSD over HDD) Processor- Pentium or i3||Laptops with these features can perform all coding. (There can be a lag in Android development )||Not Performance-based laptops|
|30K – 35K||Features: Screen size-14 inches RAM-4 Gb to 8 GB ROM- 256-512 GB SSD Processor- i3 10 generation||You can perform all coding smoothly with Integrated Graphics feature.||You can play light games only.|
|40K-50K||Features: Screen size- 14 inches RAM-8 GB ROM- 512 SSD Processor- i5 8 generation||You can perform all coding smoothly.||Screen size- 15.6 inches ROM- 256 GB SSD / 1 TB HDD Graphics Card- 2GB – 4GB|
|50K-60K||Features: Screen size- RAM- 8 GB ROM- 512 SSD Processor- i5 8-10 generation / i7 10 generation Extras- Backlit, Metallic Body, Finger Print, 2 GB Graphic card||You can perform all coding smoothly.||Screen size- 15.6 inches Graphics Card- 4GB|
|60K-70K||( No need To buy this much high price laptop for normal use only, can go for lower price options)||Screen size- 14 inches Processor – i7 10 Generation 8 GB Ram Quad-Core(More cores, More Better) 256 GB SSD + 1 TB HDD / 512 GB SSD 2 GB Graphic card Backlit Touch screen (optional) Fingerprint||Can perform all tasks|
|Under 1 lac||MacBook Air (best)||MacBook Air (best)||MacBook – Not for gaming purposes|
Note- Prices may vary according to time and from where you are buying.
3) Best Laptops UnderRs. 20000
Lenovo Ideapad Slim APU Dual Core A4 A4-9120E
Price- Approx Rs. 19,990
- 14 inch HD LED Backlit Anti-glare TN Display (220 nits Brightness, 16:9 Aspect Ratio)
- Light Weight, 1.4 kg and has a body that is 20.9 mm thick
- AMD A4-9120e processor
- Graphic Processor -AMD Radeon R3
- DDR4, 4 GB of RAM
- 64 GB eMMC storage
- battery life up to 8 hours, with rapid charge
- Bluetooth 4.2 and the 1×1 Wi-Fi 5
- Operating System-Windows 10 Home
- Built-in 2 x 1.5 W Stereo Speakers
- No optical disk drive
- ms office not provided
- No SSD
- non-backlit Keyboard
Note- If you are willing to push the price by 1000 to 2000 then also check out –
‘Asus Celeron Dual Core X543MA-GQ497T Laptop’.
Approx. Rs. 21000
It would be a better choice as it has 1 TB storage.
4) Best Laptops BetweenRs. 20000 and Rs. 25000
Asus Pentium Quad Core X543MA-GQ501T Laptop
Price- Rs. 24000
- Pre-installed Genuine Windows 10 OS
- 15.6 inch HD LED Backlit Anti-glare IPS Display
- weighs just about 1.9 kg
- without Optical Disk Drive
- 1 TB HDD
- Intel Pentium quad-core N5000 processor
- 4 GB of DDR4 RAM,
- Up to 6 hours battery backup
- USB 3.2 Type-A (Gen 1) port, two USB 2.0 Type-A ports, an HDMI output, and a microSD card reader
- dual 2 W stereo speakers
- ms office not provided
- No SSD
- Intel Integrated UHD 605 graphic processor
- Wi-Fi 5 and Bluetooth 4.2
5) Best Laptops Between Rs. 25000 and Rs. 30000
HP 14q APU Dual Core A9 A9-9425
Price- Rs. 28000
256 GB SSD storage capacity
Three cell 41 WHr Li-ion fast-charge battery
genuine pre-installed Windows 10 operating system
4 GB of DDR4 RAM
AMD APU Dual Core A9 Processor
14 inch HD LED Backlit BrightView Display
AMD Radeon R5 – Graphics processor
No optical disk drive
ms office not provided
6) Best Laptops Between Rs. 30000 to Rs. 35000
HP 14q Core i3 7th Gen 14q-cs0023TU
Price –Rs. 34990
- 256 GB SSD storage
- Micro Edge Bezel display
- Three cell 41 WHr Li-ion fast-charge battery
- 4 GB of DDR4 RAM
- Genuine pre-installed Windows 10 operating system
- Intel Core i3 7th gen processor
- 14 inch HD LED Backlit BrightView Display
- Built-in Dual Speakers
- HD 720P Webcam
- Disk Drive not available
7) Best Laptops Between Rs. 35000 to Rs. 40000
ASUS VivoBook 15 (2020) AMD Quad-Core Ryzen 5 3500U
Price- Rs. 39990
- 10th Gen Intel Core i3-10110U processor
- NanoEdge Display
- 1.5 KG lightweight
- ErgoLift hinge of this laptop provides a 2° keyboard tilt
- 4 GB of DDR4 RAM, which can be upgraded to up to 12 GB with the help of a SO-DIMM slot
- dual-band Wi-Fi
- SSD of 256 GB. It also comes with an extra slot for a 6.35 cm (2.5) SATA HDD expansion
- built-in fingerprint sensor
- full-length backlit keyboard
- a USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A port, a USB 2.0 Type-A port, USB Type-C porta 3.5 mm audio jack, a micro SD card reader, and an HDMI output
- Windows 10 Home Operating system
- 37 WHr Lithium Polymer 2 Cell Battery
8) Best Laptop Between Rs. 40000 and Rs. 45000
Asus VivoBook 14 Ryzen 5 Quad Core 3500U 2nd Gen
Price – approx. 44990
- Nanoedge 14 inches Full HD LED Backlit Anti-glare Ultra Slim Display with 200 nits Brightness, 16:9 Aspect Ratio
- Finger Print Sensor for Faster System Access
- No Optical Disk Drive
- Compact and Lightweight (1.5 kg)
- ErgoLift hinge – it automatically adds a gentle 3° tilt to the keyboard when you open the laptop for a comfortable, more desktop-like experience
- It features the AMD Ryzen R5 processor and the Radeon Vega 8 graphics processor
- dual-band Wi-Fi connection
- Bluetooth v4.2
- 512 GB of SSD capacity
- 8 GB of DDR4 RAM
- built-in fingerprint sensor
- Full-size Illuminated Chiclet Keyboard
- multiple connectivity options, including the USB 3.1 and USB 2.0 ports, HDMI output, and a microSD card reader.
- Battery backup up to 6 hours. 2 cell battery and 45 Watt battery adapter
- No MS office provided
- 12 GB expandable memory
- Windows 10 Home operating system
- HD Webcam
You may also consider ‘Mi Notebook 14 Core i5 10th Gen’ Laptop in this price range.
Note- The price may vary according to time and the source you are buying from.
While comparing laptop, you need to consider a one with a better processor, better disk drive, better battery capacity and with the better build quality. Keeping these and other factors in mind, we selected the best laptops in particular price ranges under 45000.
There are loads of laptops available in the market, So if you want to buy a laptop under 45000 then, we have chosen few best of them depending on the price range, you can go ahead and consider them as the best buy option.
1) Lenovo Ideapad Slim APU Dual Core A4-9120E
2) HP 14q APU Dual Core A9 A9-9425
3) Asus Pentium Quad Core X543MA-GQ501T Laptop
4) HP 14q Core i3 7th Gen 14q-cs0023TU
5) AsusVivoBook 14 Core i3 10th Gen X412FA-EK363T
6) AsusVivoBook 14 Ryzen 5 Quad Core 3500U 2nd Gen
As we know, that technology evolves daily every minute, buying these laptops may seem irrelevant in future but you should know what to look for buying a laptop, which is clearly explained in the blog above.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. What are the best laptops for video editing?
A. Apple’s Macbooks are the best in the industry for video editing
Q. Who makes the best laptops?
A. Apple makes the best in class laptops which work on macOS. Companies like Asus, HP and Dell are also industry leaders in making good laptops.
Q. Can we use a laptop while it is charging?
A. Yes, you can use the laptop while charging. Usually, laptops slow down the processor, lower the brightness, and cut power usage to elongate the battery life so, if you want the laptop to function appropriately without slowing, then you will have to use it while charging.
You should not always keep your laptop plugged in as it may heat the battery and decrease its life.
Q. Which is the best laptop under 40000 in India?
A. Asus VivoBook 14 Core i3 10th Gen X412FA-EK363T.
Q. Which is best HP or Dell?
A. Although both companies are good and offer great products but overall based on consumer experience HP may be considered better.
Q. Which brand of laptop is most reliable?
A. According to consumer reports, Apple stands out as being the most reliable laptop brand.
Q. Is it worth buying a used laptop?
A. Buying a used laptop may save you money initially but buying a used computer can have significant risks.