I think you want to flash the custom ROM or maybe you do anything else. But for that, you have to know how to Install TWRP(Team Win Recovery Project) Recovery and you want to know how to do that then read my full article without any skip.
There are many methods to install TWRP Recovery but here I’ll give you very easy that understandable by any non-technical guy and also very effective so you satisfied with that So read my full article.
In this Blog, You are going to know,
- What is TWRP Recovery?
- Advantages of Installing TWRP Recovery:
- Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery:
- How to Install TWRP Recovery?
- How to install TWRP Recovery using PC?
- How to Install TWRP Recovery without PC?
What is TWRP Recovery?
TWRP is an open-source Custom Recovery software. Its full form is “Team Win Recovery Project”.
So basically this software helps us to install custom ROM or Operating systems. There are other alternatives are also but this TWRP is one of the best from them.
Because of that, I recommended you use this custom recovery instead of others. This TWRP Recovery is made for Nexus devices but now most of the devices are support it. So you can use custom recovery in your device.
You can also use this TWRP(Team Win Recovery Project) Recovery in your tablet and it is as effective as mobile.
The main use of TWRP Recovery is to flash custom ROM or install the operating system manually. If you want to know how to unlock the bootloader of your phone then check out my other articles to know more about rooting and other stuff.
Advantages of Installing TWRP(Team Win Recovery Project) Recovery:
There are many advantages of TWRP Recovery but here I’ll show you a couple of benefits of using that.
Touch Screen Custom Recovery
>> This is a touch screen custom recovery. In our mobile, there is our custom recovery but it is not a touch screen so we can’t use it to flash any Custom Recovery.
But this TWRP Recovery allows us to flash any images and custom ROM to get a higher level of the operating system.
Stock ROM Backup
>> If we want to flash other OS in our phone manually and it goes wrong then we break our phone but for that, we have to take a Backup of our full Stock ROM. So we can install it later.
When you take a full backup of your android operating system then you can install it anytime and anywhere. So, in my opinion, you have to take that back up to be safe.
Give more features than others
>> TWRP Recovery gives us more options than other recovery software like Install, Wipe, Backup, Restore, Mount, Setting, Advanced, Reboot. So you can use these options in different ways.
So these are the features provided by TWRP Recovery so you can use it correctly without getting fail.
Disadvantages of Installing TWRP Recovery:
There are always two sides to the coin so here are some disadvantages also. Let’s take a look at it one-by-one.
Root is necessary
>> To install TWRP Recovery, you have to root your phone and after that, you can install it. When you root your phone then you break all the securities of the android system.
Now you can do anything with your phone and also hackers are do anything with your phone threw some malware and viruses.
So you do not know that technical stuff then stay away from rooting or root your secondary device due to some security reasons.
Fear of Breaking your phone
>> In the process of installing TWRP(Team Win Recovery Project) Recovery or any custom ROM, there is a chance of breaking your phone and your operating system goes down so you have to take care while using this software.
>> When you root your phone then you can download any kind of android system without any legal update but You Smartphone company is not providing you any kind of update so you have to update your phone manually.
Not supported in all phone
>> This TWRP Recovery software is not supported in all the devices so you have to find out that this is for you or not.
How to Install TWRP Recovery?
There are many ways to install TWRP Recovery on your phone but here I’ll show you some effective and easy methods so that you can use it very well. There is one method that required PC but some other methods are not want it so, let’s start it using the PC method.
How to install TWRP Recovery using PC?
There are many ways to install TWRP Recovery using PC but here I’ll give you one method and effective method so follow my steps.
- First, you have to check that your mobile supports TWRP Recovery or not. For that, you have to go on the following website and search for your phone.
- After that, you have to download the TWRP file using the following link.
- Now, enable USB Debugging in your phone
[ How to Turn On USB debugging: Go to settings>> About Phone>> Software information>> Tap 5 to 8 times on Built number>> Go back>> Tap on Developer options>> Turn on the USB Debugging ]
- Now, connect your mobile to PC and after that power off your phone and turn on bootloader threw pressing the power button and volume up button (If it does not work for you then you have to find Flash key for your mobile from Google)
- After that open that folder of TWRP that downloaded yet in your PC, open CMD window inside the folder (To do that you have to click shift+ right-click on any white area in that folder and select open command window here)
- After that give the following command in command port.
“adb reboot bootloader”
- After that write down this command.
“fastboot flash recovery twrp-2.8.x.x-xxx.img” (Here modify twrp.img with the name of your TWRP recovery .img file.)
- After that processing completed write down the final command.
- After that, your phone is rebooted and now TWRP Recovery is successfully installed.
So this is the method to install that with a computer or laptop but let us see the mobile-friendly method.
How to Install TWRP Recovery without PC?
There are many mobile-friendly methods to install TWRP Recovery without PC. So let’s take a look at it.
- You have to follow first to steps of “How to install TWRP Recovery using PC”. And download that TWRP file.
- For a mobile-friendly method, you have to root your phone if you are not know How to root your phone then check out this article.
- After that, you have to download an application named “Flashify” from Google Play Store.
- Open it and allow all permissions.
- After that select, the “Recovery option” and one small pop-up window appears.
- Select that file you download yet.
- Now install that TWRP Recovery and when the process is completed then You successfully have done that installation.
These are the ways to install TWRP Recovery without PC and using PC. Let’s check some common questions about this stuff.
So here I give you 2 methods to install TWRP Recovery, one is with PC and second is without PC. So you can install it with any method. I also explain all the things about TWRP recovery like advantages and disadvantages so you have to decide what to do.
If you want to know more about rooting and other stuff then please check out my other article.
I am very thankful to you for giving me your important time.
>> I think you have to decide this on your own. Because there are many advantages also and many disadvantages also. I think you have to install it on your secondary phone.
There are many other custom recoveries also but in my opinion, TWRP Recovery is the best custom recovery because of its advantages. You can read this article.
Yes, It is necessary to install custom recovery for installing custom ROM. Because your primary recovery does not allow you to install custom ROM.
>> You can flash custom ROM threw TWRP Recovery because with the help of that you can do many more things like Stock OS backup and all that.
>> This is a little bit lengthy process. I made an article on it so you have to check out that to get know how to unlock the bootloader.
>> No, it is not necessary for all the methods, Some methods are there which required unlocked Bootloader but it is not for all the methods.
In this article, I show you some methods that work without unlocking bootloader. In future articles, I’ll show you how to Unlock Bootloader? and also, How to root your device using bootloader?