Mindfulness meditation is a form of meditation that is basically focused on your thoughts of the mind.
How you think, how you react to those thoughts, and so on. Basically doing mindfulness is to conquer your brain. There are so many benefits by doing this like a sharp and calm mind, etc that we are going to talk about in this article.
In this article
- What is mindfulness meditation
- Difference between mindfulness and other techniques
- How is this meditation useful?
- Benefits of mindfulness
- How to do mindfulness meditation
- Frequently asked questions
What is mindfulness meditation
Mindfulness is basically a kind of meditation, but there are many things that separate mindfulness from meditation.
It is a technique in which you awaken your self-power, by focusing on your brain. With the help of mindfulness meditation you can be free from all other distractions, and become more aware of your thoughts. Whenever you bring awareness inside you, you are able to control your senses.
There are so many stages in Mindfulness, but you have to start with the basics in the beginning. Just close your eyes and focus on your thoughts and practice daily and stay focused.
Difference between mindfulness meditation and other techniques
There are so many things that differentiate this from other things but there are many people who cannot separate them.
This is not a technique to stay focused on one thing for a short period of time and then go away. This is about staying focused for a long time. In other words this is a way of living.
By continuously practicing it changes your mindset, your view to see the world. It completely changes your lifestyle in a very few days, if you start doing this.
Mindfulness meditation is not to get relief from outer stress and overcome your difficulties instead of It is for changing your unnecessary and negative thoughts. There are a lot of things you can get by doing this meditation.
Find out other meditation here
How is this meditation useful?
Mindfulness is not for solving other things. It is helpful to reshape your brain. A study proved that after doing 8 weeks of mindful meditation our brain changes a lot.
This allows us to focus on one thing, train our brain to stay focused. It also helps us prioritize things that are useful to us and are not useful to us.
It trains the area of the brain responsible for emotion, planning, and strategy to perform better. Which indirectly affects depression and anxiety over the long term.
Benefits of mindfulness meditation
As I said before it is not for a short period but definitionally it is beneficial for the long term. So many things we see when we practice it for a long period of time. These are the benefits we can get by this meditation.
- In the long term you will be able to deal with your mental problems such as depression or anxiety and can overcome them for the rest of your life.
- A scientific study says it increases your compassion and reduces your aggression.
- It completely changes your mindset and improves your positive thinking.
- It also increases your ability to deal with illness. You probably don’t believe it but some people say they deal with some serious diseases like cancer by doing mindful meditation. Studies also prove that this meditation helps you to make your mental condition stronger. So that you can fight with so many dangerous diseases.
- As we talk before mental toughness is the key to fighting from anything so it also helps you to fight with your alcohol addiction or drug addiction, etc. you can consider this for these things. But also remember it is not for a short period of time it took a long time.
How to do mindfulness meditation
This mediation is a very good way to manage your mind’s thoughts. Mindful meditation is not easy as you thought but you can do some easy steps in the beginning so you can consider these following steps to begin mindfulness meditation.
Remember that this technique is not for beginners, if you have done it before, then you can skip these points.
To begin meditation you have to sit properly in a comfortable position. Remember sitting on the ground with the cross leg is the best position to sit. If you have some serious issue you can use a chair.
Sit in the right posture
You have to sit in the correct position to do correct meditation. Your back should not be banned and your shoulder should not be relaxed and your cross leg position should be proper. To know more you can search for right body posture for meditation.
Start with focusing on the breath
In the beginning you can start by focusing on your breath. Just close your eyes and start breathing comfortably. You have to focus on the breath initially, the breath comes in and exits.
This is a useful trick in the beginning to maintain your attention. In the beginning, it is very difficult to keep you focused, so you can do this trick for about 1 to 2 months and after that, you will be able to focus on the mind correctly.
Focus on your mind
After practicing for a few months you may consider focusing.
Focusing is basically about focusing on an idea that really matters to you. This is quite difficult for a few days but you will be able to do this after practicing the method of breathing for 12 weeks.
For example, you want to connect with God, spiritually so you have to focus on one God or godly things like their slogan, in Hindi it is called Mantra. In Hinduism, focusing on meditation is about focusing on God’s slogans. Hindu monks used to chant mantras daily for 1 to 2 hours.
It is also very important. In meditation, you have to practice daily to meditate carefully. It is not a 12-day game, you have to practice for about 4 to 5 years long to master this meditation.
It seems quite difficult and it is also a reality that it is hard for 6 to 8 months, but once you are ready to meditate every day, then it has become your routine and you will be able to do it for a long time but you will In order to concentrate, you have to prioritize your time to meditate, just as you have to meditate right away.
you can try basic meditation first.
In this article, we talked about meditative meditation and its benefits. What is Mindfulness Meditation and how to do Mindfulness Meditation? This is the conclusion of this entire article
- It’s gonna focus your mind and thoughts
- It is a technique of meditation in which you awaken your self-awareness by focusing your mind.
- Some people think that contemplative meditation and others are the same, but there are a lot of things that make meditative meditation different from other meditations.
- By constantly practicing it, your brain changes a lot. It trains the area of the brain that is responsible for emotion planning and strategy to perform well.
- In the long run, it will help to overcome your anxiety and depression.
- It reduces your aggression
- To start mindful meditation, you need to sit comfortably in the correct position.
- You can start it by focusing on your breath and how it comes out and how it is going out.
- After focusing on the breath, you will practice focusing your mind to improve your mind’s attention.
- You have to practice daily to meditate carefully.
know more about mindfulness on Wikipedia
Frequently asked questions
Answer. Yes, mindfulness meditation can reduce your fear and anxiety because as we talked before. It is a very powerful tool to train your mind and mental state meditation strengthens your mental strength so that you are more mentally Be strong and be able to reduce your fear and anxiety.
Answer. Yes, meditation can really change a person. it improves your thoughts and mental condition so your behavior and your mindset will change. you will see there are so many positive changes that will come in you.
Answer. John Kabat Zinn developed mindfulness or mindfulness-based stress reduction technique in the University of Massachusetts medical center where is use Buddha’s technique of mindfulness and developed a stress reduction and relaxation therapy.
Answer. Yes it is can help you in the study it reduces your stress and helps you to get better sleep and improves your skill of learning and makes your mind sharp so you can do your study more effectively than before but it takes a bit of practice to conquer your mind.
Answer. Basically it depends on your practice, maybe it will take 2-3 years or it will take 4-5 years but important is that you have to practice consistently to master this skill.
As I said before, it is not an easy skill to master. It takes a lot of time because it is a skill to train the mind so you have to be consistent and practice to be master in mindfulness.