Have you ever felt that I am wasting my time in the salon to wait for some Basic grooming services? So here is the solution to this Problem “Online Salon Booking” in the Beauty Salon Industry.
Do you ever think that you don’t need to wait in the salon for the services? Through this, now you don’t need to wait for your turn in the beauty salon.
So let’s see what are the Business Plans, Market strategy, How it is work and many more.
What is in it for us?
- What is Online salon booking?
- Apps/Websites for Appointment Scheduling.
- How does it work?
- How to list a salon?
- Procedure to book an appointment?
- Target customers for online Salon booking
- How they earn money from online salon booking?
- Market Size
- Benefits & difficulties of Business Model.
What is Online Salon Booking?
An Online Salon Booking / Online Appointment Booking system provides a Marketplace where customers of a beauty parlour or salon can book their services as per convenient date and time. So that they don’t need to wait for the services.
It provides a platform where salons and customers both interact with each other. Salon owners feature their salons and provide better appointment management facilities to their customers.
Also read What is a Business Model?
Apps/Websites for Online Booing of Salon
It is a new business model where they provide an ecosystem in which both salons and their customers interact with each other and both get benefits and vantage.
There are mainly 5-6 apps and websites that are work in their region. List of apps & websites are the following:-
|1.||Book my hairstylist||Karnataka|
Want to start a Home delivery of Beauty Services. Read all about Beauty Service at Home Business Model.
How does it work?
To add salon into your platform you have to tell what are the benefits you are giving to salon owners and how they can increase their customers through your marketplace.
A representative of the marketplace go to the salon and convince the salon owner to list their salon.
After the listing marketplace has to make sure that the salon is providing services with scheduled time.
How to list a Salon?
Some applications don’t charge for listing the salon but some apps take charges for listing. There are some common steps to list any salon. These are:-
1:- Go to the website or install the Vendor app of that service provider.
2:- Fill the basic Personal detail and sign up for that marketplace.
3:- After getting verification, now you have yo authority to feature your salon on that platform.
4:– Now you can fill the basic details of your Salons, Work Images, Salon images, Service details, and price list of beauty services.
5:- Some Platform also provides a section to fill details of the salon’s staff.
6:- Now you can manage all Bookings and Salon’s details from the admin panel.
Procedure to book an Appointment
By using this marketplace we can search for salons, hairstylists, makeup artists, and book appointments as per convenient. To follow some simple steps we can search and book salons/services.
1:- To book an appointment with any salon, first of all, go to the website or install the app.
2:- Some apps it is compulsory to register yourself but some apps need only basic details to search about the salon or service.
3:- Now you can search according to your location, service, or salon preference.
4:- Here you can see salon’s images, work image, Staff’s information, price lists of services.
5:- Now you can select the required service, service date & time slot. And book an appointment with that salon. If the chosen time slot is not available, you can’t book your appointment.
6:- Some apps give Offers or coupons. If you have any gift voucher or coupons you can apply here.
7:- Now you can go to a particulars salon at the scheduled date and time and avail your service.
Targeted Customers for Online Salon Booking
The main target customers for this business model are those smartphone users whose age is between 16-40, who lives in tier 1 or tier-2 cities. Categories for targeted customers are as follows:-
- Girls or women
- New persons in the city
- Working professionals.
How they earn money?
There are different monetization models of different platforms of online salon booking.
Some platforms take charges for salon listing and appointment booking. They have different types of packages like monthly or yearly packages.
Some platforms earn money from a commission basis also. They give a free listing facility to the salons and take a commission in exchange for this service. They take approx 10-20% as a commission for the service.
Some apps also sell membership to the users who book salons. They normally charge 300/- for 6 months and 500/- for 1-year validation. Instead of this, they give extra offers in the services.
Are you interested to open Day Spa Center. So read all about Spa industry in India.
The market size of the beauty salon industry is so big that there are approx 7-8 Million beauty salons in India.
And the market size of beauty salons is approximately INR 12,000 crore with women contributing to more than 85% of the total salon industry. And it is continuously growing at the rate of 22-24% accordingly.
Grooming and beauty services have become part of everyone’s lifestyle. They are also ready to spend more money on their grooming and that’s why the demand for experimental services grows day by day.
For example:- The average no. of services availed by a customer has increased from 2.2 to 5.7 at the India outlets of Truefitt & Hill (an international male grooming chain) between 2015-2019 accordingly.
Benefits & Difficulties of Online Booking Salon Business Model
There are many benefits of Online Salon Booking Business model. Some are the following:-
- The first benefit of this marketplace is “It saves time to the users specifically students, working people and others.”
- This marketplace provides a digital platform for all beauty salons accordingly.
- Salon owners feature their salon and also interact with their customers directly. Even they get benefits to manage their customers by the appointment booking system.
- Users get all detailed information through this marketplace. They can book appointments here so they don’t need to wait at the salon for their service.
- Users can give ratings and reviews to the salons according to their experience so that other users can get genuine information about the salons.
- Users can compare prices and also choose the best option wisely. They also get offers and coupons.
Want to Know The Best Skincare Products for your skin. So read this Blog.
Some difficulties will be faced in Online salon booking Business Model. The difficulties are as follows:-
- The entry barrier for this business is very low. Anyone can enter this business model because of fewer capital requirements.
- It is so difficult to make a brand and gained the trust of salon owners and users.
- The cost of marketing is so high. Firstly you have to expend a lot of money to create a brand and trust in user’s minds.
- It is difficult to connect small salons because they won’t be able to manage the system.
Do you have Hair Problems? Read the blog Hair problems and their Treatments.
In conclusion, It is the new Business Model and there is a lot of potential in this business model because there are approx 1 crore salons in India. So you can choose this business idea for the startup.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans:- Listing of the salon is important because it features your salon, gives a digital platform to it and you can engage with more customers.
Ans:- To book an appointment, you have to go to the booking platform. Now search for salon or service. Choose your service, date, and time. Now, book your seat at that salon.
Ans:- 1. The entry barrier for this business is very low. Anyone can enter this business model because of fewer capital requirements.
2. It is so difficult to make a brand and gained the trust of salon owners and users.
3. The cost of marketing is so high. Firstly you have to expend a lot of money to create a brand and trust in user’s minds.
4. It is difficult to connect small salons because they won’t be able to manage the system.
Ans:- 1. The first benefit of this marketplace is “It saves time to the users specifically students, working people and others.”
2. This marketplace provides a digital platform for all beauty salons accordingly.
3. Salon owners feature their salon and also interact with their customers directly. 4. Even they get benefits to manage their customers by the appointment booking system.
Ans:- The main target customers for this business model are those smartphone users whose age is between 16-40, who lives in tier 1 or tier-2 cities.