Skincare for acne- Is it perfect for your skin? I guess no that’s why you are facing more acne breakouts. That’s why we brought for you a perfect skincare for acne. And a skincare routine for acne-free skin.
Acne skin should be treated differently. Skincare for acne is not like normal skincare. Here we I will help you identify how worse are your acne and how to treat them.
Not just skincare products, but your lifestyle also plays a very important role in your skincare.
Mostly Teenagers face Acne problems due to hormonal change or lifestyle Teens this days are following skincare routine for their skin.
Check this popular 15 Tips for Teenagers skincare- Best skincare guide. This skincare routine for Teenagers will help your skin improve and get rid of Teens problems like acne.
Whats in it for you:
- What is acne?
- Know your skin- Difference between oily and normal skin
- Types of acne
- Foods that causes acne
- Healthy Food diet for acne skin
- Skincare routine for acne-free skin
- Do’s and Don’ts for acne skincare
- 15 days skin care diet for acne skin
- FAQ’s about Skincare for acne
What is acne?
Due to excess production of sebum, when hair follicles plug with oil and dead skin cells or dirt it causes acne.
Acne is most common in teenagers, and young adults. Whiteheads, blackheads, small red bumps like pimples are caused because of acne.
What causes acne?
- Due to excess oil production.
- Hair follicles clogged by oil and dead skin.
- Hormones change
- Due to stress
Know your skin-Difference between oily and normal skin.
|Normal skin||Oily skin|
|1. Barely visible pores.||1.Wide-open visible pores that are more large than normal.|
|2. Not too dry, not too oily.||2. Oily, texture on nose, forehead, and chin.|
|3. No or few imperfections.||3. Causes whiteheads, blackheads, acne and pimples|
Types of Acne:
1 Blackheads– Blackheads are formed when sebum oxidizes at the surface. Due to debris and excess oil pores are clogged which causes blackheads.
2. Whiteheads– Whiteheads are formed by sebum and clogged pores. Unlike blackheads, pores are closed in whiteheads.
3. Papules (Pimples)– Papules are red, sensitive, and painful. They are caused when walls around pores break from inflammation.
4. Pustules– Pustules are caused by the breakdown of walls around your pores.They appear like yellow or whiteheads on top.
5. Nodules– Nodules unlike papules and pustules are large, inflamed, and painful. They affect deeper layers of skin. They can’t be treated at home, because they are in a deeper layer of skin. You need to consult a dermatologist for proper medication.
6. Cysts– Cysts are a severe form of acne, they are filled with pus. They are often painful to touch, it is a serious condition you need to consult a doctor.
Foods that cause acne.
It’s not just because of your hormonal change or genetic your lifestyle and the food you eat also plays a major role in causing acne.
The food you eat directly affects your skin health. Foods that you eat also plays major role in skincare for acne.
Let’s find out how your skin improves by avoiding these foods.
1. Refined grains and sugar
2 Bread white rice, sodas and other sugar-sweetened beverages.
3. Dairy products.
4. Fast food like burgers, nuggets, hot dogs, French fries, sodas, and milkshakes.
6. Whey Protein Powder.
Healthy Food diet for clearer acne-free skin.
Acne’s are not just caused by food, it’s a part of your food, diet, and lifestyle.
One thing that affects your skin is diet. These healthy food diet for acne will help you get glowing skin and get rid of acne on your skin.
Foods consumed daily can highly affect your skin health. What you put inside your body? It should be considered for skincare for acne.
Skincare for acne and food that you eat goes along. These food diet for acne will give you glowing skin and you’ll see visible changes in weeks.
- Fresh fruits and vegetables
- Lemon, oranges, and vegetables like carrots, sweet potatoes, and apricots.
- Tomatoes, Dark green leafy vegetables especially spinach.
- Whole wheat bread
- Brown rice
- Beans, peas, and lentils.
- Salmon, mackerel, and other all kinds of fatty fish.
- Stay Hydrated.
Skincare routine for acne-prone skin
Skincare for acne which is not too complex is a must for acne-prone skin. Treat your skin like a baby, care for it in all the ways.
A bit change in your skincare, food, and lifestyle can do wonders to your skin.
Want to know how a simple skincare routine can kick out all the acne problems, let’s know how?
Want glowing skin like Koreans check out for- 10 step Korean skincare- Complete guide.
Here you’ll get 5 step easy skincare routine for acne and much more.
Step 1: Double cleansing
First step in skincare for acne is a very well-known Korean method of cleansing. It includes cleansing your face with oil and foam-based cleanser.
An oil-based cleanser is best to remove makeup and SPF from your face.
How to Use: Gently massage on your face for 2-3 minutes, and wash off with lukewarm water.
Foam based cleanser helps you to get rid of dirt, makeup, and impurities from your face. It’s important to choose your product wisely and which are for oily skin.
How to Use: Gently massage on your face and neck, use a little water to make foam. Wash off with lukewarm water.
Step 2: Should you exfoliate for acne-prone skin?
Acne-prone skin is very sensitive and easily cause breakouts. For such skin type you should exfoliate your skin only once or twice a week, that too very gently.
Exfoliation removes dead skin cells in your skin, for acne skin you should exfoliate very gently.
How to Use: Massage gently in upward circular motion for about 2-3 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
Tip: After exfoliation place a warm cloth on your skin. It will open the pores and help remove dead skin and dirt.
Step 3: Toner
Toner is well-known to help against breakouts and heal blemishes. It helps in skin pH balance and makes your skin bright and flawless.
How to Use: Apply toner with a cotton ball or pad and gently smooth over the face and neck.
Tip: Use a mild toner, that helps your skin pH balance.
Step 4: Serum / Moisturizer
Serum/Moisturizing cream helps you get even skin tone, minimize dark spots and fade acne scars.
Choose a good moisturizer that won’t make your skin oily, hydrate your skin and give moisture to it.
How to Use: Spread cream/serum evenly on your skin.
Step 5: Sun Protection
Sun care is most crucial for acne-prone skin. This step is just before going out in the sun.
Acne-prone skin is sensitive (photosensitive) to the sun. Choose a sunscreen that will provide you complete protection from the sun.
How to Use: Spread sunscreen evenly on your face and neck. For better protection, make sure to apply sunscreen before 15-20 minutes before going out.
Tip: A sunscreen with higher SPF (Sun Protection Grade) and higher PA (UVA Protection Grade ) is preferred.
Also check out: How to protect your skin from sun even without sunscreen
Do’s and Don’ts for acne skin:
Here I bring to you some do’s and don’ts for skincare for acne. When it comes to skincare for acne you might be doing these common mistakes.
You are been harsh on your skin-It all starts when you start to do this skincare mistakes. To avoid these skincare mistakes check Do’s and Don’ts of skincare- Worst skincare Habits.
Don’ts in skincare for acne:
1. Don’t touch your face- Most people have a habit of again and again touching their face. It can cause breakout and spread infection.
2. Don’t pop or pick your pimple as it can be worse and spread infection.
3. Don’t sleep with your makeup on. Removing makeup is the most important.
4. Don’t scrub too hard. Excess scrubbing can lead to a breakout.
5. Don’t share your towels or makeup products with others.
6. Don’t let dandruff fall on your face. Dandruff should be treated as soon as possible.
Do’s for acne-prone skin
1. Stay hydrated – Drink at least 3-4 liters of purified water.
2. Drink healthy juices to cure acne. Drink vegetables and anti-bacterial juices.
3. Choose your products wisely- Choose products for your skin type, non-oils, and makeup.
4. Always keep your face clean and follow skincare routine at night and day time.
5. Choose products that contain salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide.
6. Eat lots of greens and nutritional food. Stay hydrated.
15 days skin care diet for acne skin
This diet is recommended by us for effective skincare for acne prone skin. Add these diet plan to your skincare for acne and see visible change in few weeks.
|15 Days||BREAKFAST ideas||LUNCH ideas||DINNER ideas|
|DAY 1||Eggs and green||Whole-wheat bread Sandwich||Pasta with vegetables|
|DAY 2||Smoothies||Turkey||Roasted chicken with brown rice|
|DAY 3||Sandwich||Brown rice||Chicken with cucumber and avocado salad|
|DAY 4||Cantaloupe Bowl||Spinach or dark green vegetables||Chicken soup|
|DAY 5||Oats||Mixed Bean Salad||Baked Salmon and Asparagus|
|DAY 6||Sweet potatoes and spinach||Salmon||Burger|
|DAY 7||Avocado Zucchini Fritters||Spinach, Tuna, and Avocado mixed||Vegetable soups|
|DAY 8||Chia Seed Breakfast||Autumn Soup||Chicken broth soups|
|DAY 9||Porridge||Beans and Veggie salad||Autumn soup|
|DAY 10||Blueberry smoothie||Tomato, Cucumber and bell-peppers salad||Soup with Brown rice|
|DAY 11||Milk free Pancakes||Soups||Pasta with vegetables|
|DAY12||Pumpkin pancakes||Black Bean and Sweet Potatoes||Steak|
|DAY 13||Fruit of your choice||Roasted chicken||Herbed Lemon Salmon|
|DAY 14||Apples||Tuna stuffed Bell Peppers||Button Mushroom with Chicken|
|DAY 15||Mediterranean Breakfast||Zucchini Chickpea Burger||Grilled chicken salad|
Acne skin is very hard to tackle. It’s mandatory to have a skincare routine for acne skin. But for Acne Care Skincare is not enough.
Every information about Acne is mentioned above. Check out why you are facing Acne problem.
Normal skin or oily skin- Confused which is your skin type. Check out above mentioned information about skin types.
How, severe is your acne? Don’t know what type of Acne you have.
Types of acne:
Also check out food diet and which foods causes acne.
FAQ’s about-Skincare for acne
A: Acnes are small bumps that are caused due to clogged pores. Acne is not an allergy it is a disease.
A: There are mainly 6 types of acne- Blackheads, Whiteheads, Papules, Pustules, Nodules, and cysts. They are explained above.
A: They are formed when walls around pores are clogged with dirt.
A: Oily fried foods can make your acne worse. Junk foods, carbonated drinks, and dairy products can lead to acne.
A: No. applying makeup does not cause acne. But if you did not clean your makeup properly then it can clog in your pores and cause acne.Follow skincare for acne routine at night and day time. Skincare routine for acne is best for you .
A: You can treat your acne at home if they are not too serious. If you have nodules and cysts you should see a dermatologist. They can’t be treated at home.Follow skincare for acne routine at night and day time.
A: Yes. Gently exfoliating is a must.