Spa Industry is very Fastest-growing Industry in India. You can start this business without any skill. The spa is a service or experience in which you feel relax and refreshment from the stress, body pain, daily routine, etc.
Are you feeling very tired of your daily routine? Do you have pain in the body or joints? Do you need some relaxation and refreshment? Then you need to go to Spa or Massage. Here you may get complete relaxation and refreshment.
In this blog, we discuss what is the spa, spa business plan, market size, growth, target customers, and many more.
Let’s check what the main topics are for Spa Business:-
- What is the spa?
- Types of Spa
- Day Spa Business Strategy
- License required for Spa Industry
- Target customers
- Market size and growth of the Spa industry
- Difficulties in the Spa industry
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Spa?
The word Spa is broadly used nowadays but according to the International Spa Association, Spa is a place of well-trained professionals where you can feel renewal and refreshment of mind, body, and spirit.
But now a day the word spa is also used by beauty salons and parlors where they provide facial, manicure, pedicure, massage, etc.
It is said that the word Spa derived from the name of town Spa, Belgium. The full form of Spa is “Sanus Per Aquam” which means “Health through or by Water”.
Types of Spa
There are mainly 6 types of Spa according to the location and service given by professionals:-
- Ayurvedic Spa
- Day Spa
- Destination Spa
- Club Spa
- Mobile Spa
- Medical Spa
Ayurvedic spa is the world’s oldest known health practice. It is originated from India. The Ayurveda is a Sanskrit word which means “The knowledge for long life”.
All Ayurvedic treatments are prescriptive. Ayurveda spa aims to prevent disease, delay aging, boost immunity, and promote overall well-being.
Ayurvedic spas are well known to revive their mind, body, spirit from stress, and tiredness. In this spa, Professionals or you can say physicians will analyze the unique need of your skin and body. In daily routine, Meditation and yoga may include in your package.
A day spa is a type that provides various services to improve health, beauty, and relax through many treatments like, facial, hair, and body massage.
It is different from the beauty salon as Day spa provides a pool, sauna, steam room, etc. It is also different from Destination Spa as Day spa does not provide overnight stay or any special facilities.
A day spa may defer greatly according to their size and facilities. They provide service in normal working hours. It is very good for a daily visit and provides services at an affordable price.
Destination spa is location centred spas. These spa centres located at mineral springs or natural places.
They provide the facility with accommodation and atmosphere to feel nature.
The main aim of the Destination Spa is to connect you with nature. Some of them include other services like fitness activity, health education, meditation, yoga, etc.
A Club spa is a type whose primary purpose is fitness or pool. Club spas are mainly located at fitness or health club and large gyms.
The club spa facilities and charges are different from the monthly, yearly, or membership fee of that gym. They can allow both the members and guest clients.
They provide a steam bath and other spa services in a regular daily usage basis.
In this spa, customers are served at their own home or another personal place by spa professionals.
The professionals provide sugar spa, bear spa, oil massage, head massage, body polishing, tanning massage, etc.
The Medical Spa provides treatment by professional and fully-licensed medical staff. A medical staff analyzes the client and provide treatment for their specific problems with the help of a Medical spa.
Laser treatments, Botox, Skin tightening, chemical peels, laser hair removal, photo facial, etc are the treatments done in the Medical Spa.
Do you have Hair Problems? So, read this Blog.
Day Spa Business Strategy
In your locality, you have seen many spa centres, either they individuals or belong to the franchise chain. All spa centres that you have seen are Day Spa. Here we will discuss the Business Plan and strategy for Day spa.
Let’s see what are the important points we should keep in our mind:-
- Location:- First factor for this business is a better location where people can find your spa. In my point of view, Mall should be the first choice to open Spa centre because the foot-following of the mall is high and it creates brand value and trust.
- Experienced workers:- The most important point we have to keep in mind is to choose the best professional workers for the spa. Because they are the one who interacts directly with clients. People come to the Spa centre for relaxation and refreshment and if your worker will not satisfy your client and keeps talking to them then they may be angry.
- Relaxing Atmosphere:- The atmosphere of Spa should be very relaxing because clients come there for relaxation and refreshment. The atmosphere should not be overcrowded or noisy.
- Best service:-The priority of Spa should be the delivery of the best service to their customers.
- Hygiene Products:- The product use for service should be very hygiene and branded. Don’t use local products. The workers also should be in a neat and clean dress. Their nail and hair must be cut off.
Licence required for Spa Business
There is no special license and certificate needed for normal Day Spa.
You have to register your shop and make Gumasta as per your state body. You also need GST registration for your Spa business.
Target Customers for Spa Business Model
If you have a large budget and you want to open a luxurious Spa then the focused target customers for Spa business are the Upper-Class people that are the rich businessmen or professionals with age group 25-50 and who live in a Metro city.
But if you have a small budget and you want to open a small spa then upper-middle-class and middle-class people are your target customers that is the corporate employee or small business owner.
Are you interested to open your Beauty Salon? Here is the All information about Beauty salon Business.
Market size & growth of Spa industry
According to the Spa Association of India, the spa industry in India is estimated at INR 11900 crore.
After America and Europe, India is the third fastest-growing Spa market. The growth rate of the Beauty and spa industry will be 20-22% accordingly.
The Day spa captures more than 50% market of total Spa business. The destination spa is also growing very fast.
Difficulties in Spa industry
The main difficulties in the Spa Industry are as follows:-
- High Budget:- To start a luxurious and well facilitate, you need a high budget that is approx 15-20 lakhs. You can open a small budget spa centre but you will face problems at the time of service.
- Lack of Spa Professionals:- That is a huge problem that all Beauty industries face. The spa industry needs more experienced and professional workers.
- Industry Image:- Some spa business owner starts other illegal work at the shop that’s why the spa industry has become disreputable.
In conclusion, the Spa Industry is a good Business idea for people who have large capital to start the business. You can also talk to other spa centres for Franchise. It will be better if you will open the Day Spa centre in Metro or Tier-2 cities.
Frequently Asked Questions:-
Ans:- Spa is important because it circulates the blood very well which helps to make us healthy. It also gives refreshment, relaxation, and Energy.
Ans:- A day spa is a type that provides various services to improve health, beauty, and relax through many treatments like, facial, hair, and body massage.
Ans:- According to the Spa Association of India, the spa industry in India is estimated at INR 11900 crore.
The Day spa captures more than 50% market of total Spa business.
Ans:- After America and Europe, India is the third fastest-growing Spa market. The growth rate of the Beauty and spa industry will be 20-22%.