When you are planning for study in Singapore, there is a lot of question has come to your mind.
In this article, you will get some information about whether you have to choose this country, for your studies, or not.
The following topics are included in this article.
- Why study in Singapore?
- Tuition Cost in Singapore
- Living Cost in Singapore
- Requirements of Documents
- Part-Time Jobs in Singapore
- Scholarships in Singapore
- Visa Processes in Singapore
- Job Scenario in Singapore
- Top Universities in Singapore
Why study in Singapore?
- It is ranked as the safest country all around the globe.
- Moreover, it is diversely classified in many cultures such as Indian, British, Chinese, and Malaysian.
- Also, you are amazed by seeing the amazing transportation facilities of this country, which is by far the best in the world.
- Despite its higher expenses of tuition as well as living, it is a global hub for one of the great educational facilities.
- With its extremely valuable education, it provides its students with practical experience alongside studies.
- Also, thanks to this practical experience environment, this country is recognized as a global leader in innovation and research over the years.
- For the above reason, many universities from this country ranked top in the world.
Tuition cost in Singapore
- This is a very important factor while choosing a university for abroad studies.
- In this country, the tuition cost is comparatively high compared to countries like New Zealand, Germany, and Canada.
- Tuition fees for an international student at the various level are as follows:
|Level of Study||Cost of Tuition|
|Undergraduate||S$12000 to S$15000|
|Postgraduate||S$18000 to S$25000|
- Apart from this cost, you have to pay certain administrative expenses as per institution demand.
- Moreover, in this country, the expense for majors like, medicine requires more money than other courses.
Living cost in Singapore
- Living costs depend on several factors.
- This country is ranked in the topmost costliest countries in the world.
- The following are the various sector, where you have to invest in your accommodation.
|Rent||S$150 to S$800 per month|
|Internet||S$40 per month|
|Phone Bills||S$20 for 200 minutes|
|Visit a Clinic||S$15|
|Utilities (Gas AND Electricity)||S$300 – S$400 per month|
|Transportation||S$50 per month|
Requirement of Documents
- The following Documents are required while applying in this country’s universities.
- Valid Passport copies
- Attested copies of High school Mark sheet (Only for the undergraduate applicant)
- Academic Transcripts (Only for the postgraduate applicant)
- Undergraduate Degree (if available)
- A score of English Proficiency Exam,
- IELTS- The minimum score required to enroll in a decent university is 6.0 Bands in all Reading, Listening, Writing, and Speaking section.
- The validity of this score is about two years.
- This exam score is required if the applicant have a desire to get a Permanent Residence Card in the future.
- Statement of Purpose (SOP)
- Letter of Recommendation (min. 2 letters required)
- Portfolio (only for arts and design-oriented student)
- Certificate achieved in Co-curricular activity (if available)
- Proof of funds (Students have to submit advance one-year living cost in their bank account)
- Work experience letter (if available)
- Health Insurance letter
Part-Time Jobs in Singapore
- In-country like this, you have to invest an abundance of money, and with the help of part-time jobs, they can earn some penny, which they can add in their fund.
- As per the Ministry of Manpower, students, who have Student pass, can work for 16 hours per week during term time and unlimited hours during vacation or summer break.
- In part-time jobs, you are not allowed to work anywhere, which is not related to your course.
- Also, you need to take permission from the university for your part-time work.
- There are not set any wages rule for part-time jobs in this country.
- Students may earn from S$900 to S$2100 in a month.
Scholarship in Singapore
- The scholarship is a pivotal element for you to compensate for your fund.
- In this country, both private and public universities offer various scholarships and fellowships to attract students to enroll them in that particular university.
- Apart from that, students also provided several fellowships by government and private organizations.
- The following are some scholarship, which provided for higher education.
Visa Process in Singapore
- In this country, if you want to study less than three months, you need to apply only for a tourist visa.
- In this, you do not need a student visa.
- And, if you want to pursue a course for more than 3 months of a time period, you require a Student Visa.
- The cost of this Visa is S$30. Additionally, you have to pay S$60 for insurance.
- In this country, a Student-Visa is referred to as Student PASS.
- You have to apply, for your Visa, in Student Pass online application and registration (SOLAR).
- The following are the requirements for the Student pass in Singapore.
- Valid Passport (Min. 6 months of validity)
- Passport size photos Passport size photos
- Letter of Recommendation (LOR)
- Application fees
- Medical certificate (consist with ICA format)
- Proof of finance (tuition + living + travel)
- The score of exams like TOEFL, GMAT, GRE (as per university asked)
- Academic transcript (only for the postgraduate applicant)
- High school Mark-sheets (only for the undergraduate applicant)
- Birth certificates
Job Scenario in Singapore
- Singapore is a diversified country. And it has a strong economy hence it becomes easy to achieve jobs for you in this market.
- There are a plethora of jobs available for you in Singapore’s market.
- The following are the top company recruited students in this country.
- Singapore Telecommunication (SINGTEL)
Top Universities in Singapore
- There are total of 34 universities available in this country and among them six are national universities.
- The following are the top universities in this country.
|University Name||Country Rank|
|National University of Singapore||1|
|Nanyang Technological University||2|
|Singapore Management University||3|
To sum up, I hope you understood the important factors of the study in Singapore. If you have any doubts regarding this, you can always ask questions in the comment section
Yes, if you have a desire to study in a world-class environment, with lots of sightseeing places, and in one of the best destinations to adventure, then this country is for you.
It is famous for its practical based teaching since the graduate level.
In Singapore, you have to get good scores in IELTS.
No. GRE is not mandatory in Singapore.
Yes. It is must require for an MBA applicant in some of the universities. However, many universities may not ask for this exam.
Yes, it is worth investing in Singapore for studies only if you can extract maximum benefit.
The process of a Student visa for Singapore is smooth.
Yes. You must need a student visa if you want to study long term courses.
In Singapore, you are not allowed to work on and off-campus during term time.
No, in term time you are not allowed to work off-campus. However, you can join any internship, related to your work, during vacations.
The cost of this Visa is S$30. Additionally, you have to pay S$60 for insurance.
Students may earn from S$900 to S$2100 in a month.
There are more than 30000 application apply for a PR. So, it is bit difficult.