Do you know a Master of Computer Application? Yes, you know its because it is the best option for a student who wants to make their career-making computer world. But still, if you don’t know what is MCA, this blog post is only for you.
Today, most of the students are interested in the field of computers, so most of the students want to make their career in the computer field.
If you also want to become a master in the field of computers, then this post is just for you.
Because we will talk about the master’s degree course MCA. In this course you get a chance to study all the important topics related to computers.
Les’s find it…
- What is MCA (Master of Computer Applications)?
- Top 10 Colleges in India for MCA.
- Course or syllabus
- After MCA’s best course.
- Career option after MCA
What is MCA (Master of Computer Applications)?
It’s a master’s degree course related to the field of computer, the full name of Master of Computer Applications.
There is a master’s degree course related to information technology that you can your graduation degree.
This course teaches about computer-related subjects.
Such as computer science, computer application, mobile application, computer application development, web development, web designing, machine learning etc.
If you want to do post-graduation from the computer then you can do this course after your Bachelor degree.
It is a technical master’s degree course, so to perform this course, the candidate must have the following qualifications….
- It is mandatory for a candidate to be a graduate along with being a 10+2.
- 12th must have at least 45 to 60% number and similarly, graduation should also have at least 50 to 60% number.
Subject and Steam are not required to do this course but still, some college has the following qualifications mandatory.
- Candidate should have passed 12th with Science stream.
- Candidate should have 12th pass and graduate with Mathematics subject.
- 12th and greducation must have at least 60% numbers.
Top 10 Colleges in India for MCA.
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee (IIT Roorkee)
- National Institute of Technology, (NIT) Trichy
- Fergusson College, Pune, Maharashtra
- Loyola College, Chennai, Tamil Nadu
- Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) Vellore
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi
- Amity University, Noida, Uttar Pradesh
- Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS) Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Christy University, Bangalore, Karnataka
- Birla Institute of Technology Mesra (Ranchi, Jharkhand)
For admission to MCA college, the candidate must have the above qualifications.
Admission in MCA is done in different colleges in the different mediums which are as follows …..
In order to take Direct Admission in this course……
- The candidate should have passed 12th with Math subject.
- Candidate should have a graduation degree.
If you meet the above-mentioned qualifications. Then you can take admission by going to the college in which you want to take admission and face the personal interview.
But keep in mind that not all colleges or universities directly apply for admissions.
To get admission in this course, entrance tests are conducted by the college and university. You can join the entrance examination of the college or university in which you have to take admission and can get admission by earning good marks.
In this exam, questions on the following topics are asked….
- Analytics Ability
- Logical Reasoning
- Computer Awareness
Course or syllabus
In this course, you get the opportunity to learn about all the important topics related to computers.
The basic course curriculum of MCA.
1st year –
- Basic Computer
- Computer organization
- UNIX and shell programming
- Mathematical Foundation of computer science
- Computer and ‘C’ programming
- The system in C ++ etc
- System programming
- Operating System
- Computer network
- Database management system
- Computer graphics and animation
- The foundation of e-commerce etc
- Web technology
- EPR system
- Management information system
- Specialization subject etc.
The fee structure in MCA is different in different colleges, so we can divide the Fee of BCA college as follows…
- 1st level private and government college- 30-50 thousand
- 2nd level- 50-90 thousand
- 3 level- a famous private college- more than 90 thousand
But if you do MCA (Master of Computer Application) course after BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application). Then this course for you will be just only 2 years with 4 semesters.
MCA exams are semester wise but some colleges also conduct year wise exams.
After MCA’s best course.
After completing this course, you can opt for the following long time programs.
- MCM (Master in computer management)
- MIM (Master degree in information management)
- MBA (Master of Business Administration)
- Master of Science
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.)
- Master of Technology
Option available for MCA students these course short term certification course like.
- Hardware and software testing
- Machine learning
Career option after MCA
After completing this course you can work as …
- Software Engineer
- Software development
- Network Engineer
- Database administrator
- System analytics
- Security director
- Network Security Engineer
- IT manager
- Software application architect
- Technical writer
Before doing any course, all the students are interested in knowing where to get a job after doing this course. So let’s know the answer to this question …..
After doing MCA courses, jobs in private sector are easily available.
If you are interested in a private job, then you can apply for a job in any IT company and you can get a job by interviewing.
If you like to do personal work then after doing the BCA course you can work as a freelancer (as a programmer, software developer, web developer) and later grow your company like a startup.
If you want to go to the defense line then after doing this course you can apply for a technical post in the Indian Army.
It is a Computer-related post-graduation degree course whose full form is full form Master of Computer Application.
You can do this course after your graduation degree.
This course is 2 to 3 years old, it depends on your graduation degree.
All the important topics related to computers are studied in MCA.
like- computer programming, computer operating system, mobile operating system, web development, software development, etc.
So after doing this course, you can work as a software engineer and computer programmer.
It is also said about this course, “An MCA student can apply for all the jobs that a BTech student can apply.”
First Year MCA Student Can Apply For Gate or Not…….
It depends on his graduation degree as students of 3 -year degree programs like B.Sc, B.Com, and BCA are not eligible for GATE.
Second and third-year MCA students can apply for Student Gate.
I am not sure completely but as far as my knowledge, an MCA student cannot eligible for DRDO or ISRO as a scientist. But you can join as a clerk in the administrator department or as a technical assistant to a scientist.
Because these posts require bachelor’s and master’s degrees from any stream.
Yes, MCA student can get a job in Google, for this, it is mandatory for the candidate to master in their field.
Because for the last few years many big companies of the world do not give jobs based on the degree of the candidate but on the based of his work.
In the future, this may happen in all tech companies.
If you do MCA Master of Computer Application after doing BCA (Bachelor of Computer Application), then it will be only 2 years for you, which will have 4 semesters.
If you have completed your graduation degree but have not had a mathematics subject, you can still do MCA, but there are not many colleges that give admission in MCA without Math subject.
Friends, I hope you liked our [What is MCA (Master of Computer Application)?] Post, if you liked this post then you can share it with your friends.
Hey! I’m Anshu Patel. A computer science student from Aimpur.com (A educational career counselling blog)
I like to read books & help others. | Hope you like my work:)
If you want to connect with me visit my personal website or tag me @anshupatelz anywhere.