Do you know the spices board of India?
Spices board helping platform for Indian spices exporters.
Spices board provides a various certificate for spices business.
India is the largest prices exporting country in the world.
Indian spices are well known for test and medicinal properties.
What’s in it for me?
- Introduction to spices board of India
- Online services of Indian spices board
- Programs and projects running by spices board
- Quality services by the board
- Export policies and programs of the board.
- Spices development agency
- Statistics reports by the board
Introduction to spices board of India
India is one of the biggest spices growing, exporting, and market country. That’s why there is a need for the government body to manage the complete cycle of the spices industry. Body who help to improve productivity, helps to improve quality, and so much.
- Chairman of the board – Shree Subhash Vasu
- Secretary of the board – Shree D Sathiyan IFS
Spices Board formation deatails
Spices Board was constituted on 26th Feb 1987 under the spices board act 1986. This board was formed by the merger of two boards which are erstwhile. Cardamom board 1968 and spices export promotion council 1960.
The Spices Board is five commodity boards, working under the ministry of commerce and industry. This is an independent board and the main focus of the board is on Cardamom export.
some important services by board
Board provides some important services. like, certification to the spices, perdition, helps for the exporters, branding of Indian spices, etc. And these things make the board complete. Also, this is an autonomous board that gives some responsibility and freedom to the board.
It is a responsibility of the board to provide information about export from and to India, to the government of India.
On this website, they help us to know about deferent spices. so to know about new research and developments in the spices industry. also to know about government policies for spices, etc.
The Board provides the total information of the program conducted by the board on its website. And there are many functions that are important for the exporter’s board provides on their website.
for my textile related blog please visit – What’s Indian textile industry? Indian textile industry 2020
Online Services of Indian Spices Board
As we discussed above, the spices board was formed to provide the service related to the spices export. And now at the time of the internet this all services government providing online. so the ends of the all main thing are that what services spices board provides answer for this as follows.
List of Online Services
- Like, Information about the constitution, Spices board acts, and rules.
- To export spices, you can become a member of the spices board online.
- You can ask anything to the board by the use of the Right to information.
- You can find the catalog of spice, botanical names of spices, spices grooving state, property, statistic, etc.
- Also, the board can also provide information on development programs, external funded projects, cultivation practices, and harvesting calendars.
- And they also provide the data of Indian cardamom research institutes, research highlights, major projects, collaborative projects, etc.
- The Spices board also provides services like quality services, e-brochure, and so on.
- The government relics some tenders also on their website which helps the exporters economically.
- so We can access the spices link, training calendar and so on
- Also, some important videos are provided on the website.
This and more like this services government can provide on their website.
Programs and Projects Running by Spices Board
Spices Board has the responsibility to grow the complete spices sector of India. also, the spices board has the main focus on cardamom and some important spices.
And for which spices board lunches lots of projects and, programs which are as follows.
Projects and, programs by Board
By Agronomic and Soil science department.
- Integrated nutrient management (INM) strategy for cardamom.
- Organic farming strategy for cardamom.
- Recording of metrological data.
- Refrigerant technology in cardamom.
- Monitoring pesticide residues in the cardamom sample.
- Refrigeration technology in cardamom.
- Past-harvesting, processing technique, packaging, and storage of spice, like this lots of projects.
By crop improvement division.
- Psychological studies in cardamom.
- Adoptive trial on other spices.
- Field adoption trial on a verity of cardamom in deferent fields.
- Breeding for tolerance to biotic and abiotic.
- The molecular market for deferent genetic diversity analysis.
- Identifying deferent factors.
- Tissue culture protocol via. Somatic embryogenesis in cardamom.
- Microsatellite market in small cardamom.
- Development of integrated waste management (IPM) strategy for cardamom.
- Cardamom minor pest study.
- Pest surveillance forecast for possible pest outback.
- Evolving biocontrol measures, etc.
All the above and more are the major projects of the spices board of India.
Quality Services by the Board
For export the spices it is necessary that spices must be of the best quality.
So to prove the quality of spices it is necessary that spices must have the quality certification. And which is acceptable for the world.
Now to solve this problem India has established its own quality department for spices. And Named as Burro of Indian Standards (BIS).
BIS has suggested 16 quality standards for 16 spices and other spices products. And Spices board always takes a follow-up of BIS and interact with them for new up-gradation.
Some of the standards by the spices bard of India.
Export policies and programs of the board.
To export goods and services all countries have their own policies. and all country runs its programs to improve the export shear. So like this, we also have our one policies and runs a program to improve the export.
As we know, the aim of the spices board of India is to improve the export market for Indian spices. And to improve the spices export. So the main thing is to improve the quality of products to be export for which, the board implemented some policies.
Some of the programs conducted by the spices board of India.
- In the year 2017-18 board has conducted the program at Gummidipundi Chennai. The topic for which was, mycotoxins and illegal dyes in spices and spice products by the use of HPLC & LCMS/MS,
- The second training was on microbiological analysis of spices/spice products.
Topics for the above programs were.
For the first program
- Introduction to Quality Systems and Laboratory Safety with respect to Residue analysis
- General introduction to Mycotoxins and Illegal Dyes
- Introduction to LC-MS/MS
- Sample preparation and extraction for Mycotoxins
- Sample preparation and extraction for Illegal Dyes
- Basics of mass spectrometry
- Basics of Chromatography focusing on HPLC
- Clean-up of Mycotoxins
- Demonstration of Analysis of samples by LC-MS/MS
For the second program
- Introduction to Quality Systems and Laboratory Safety with respect to Microbiological analysis.
- Automated enumeration using TEMPO for Aerobic count, Yeast and Mold Count, Bacillus cereus, Total Coliforms, Escherichia coli, Staphylococcus aureus, and Enterobacteriaceae.
- Assay of Salmonella using VIDAS.
- Biochemical characterization of bacteria and yeast using Vitek 2 Compact.
- Assay of Salmonella using GDS PIPETMAX.
Spice Development Agency
The government of India was notified to the formation of 10 spices board in the highest spices growing state. For the complete development of spices growing region.
And the head of the regional agency for a particular region is the chief secretary of the same state. also, some members are from the ministry of comers and industry.
The minister of agricultural or horticultural from state or central government.
Remaining other organizations of center or state working in the same field. and agricultural universities also some members of the spices board, and major stack holders of as per industries.
Examples of spice development agency
These agencies are distributed as per the region and as per the spices. The main aim behind the formation of these agencies is to targeted specific spice or specific regions and develop them. We can understand it by example.
- Spice wise spice development agency
- Saffron production and development agency (SPEDA)
- Region-wise spices development agency
- Mumbai spices development agency (Mumbai SDA)
for my other blog please visit – Which are top spices growing states? Top spices growing states in India in 2020-21
List of the spices development agency as follows.
So above all are the spices development agencies.
Statistics Reports by the Board
As we discussed above, one responsibility of the spices board of India is to provide the data to the central government.
For this work, the board collects the data in the form of a number, and this data also called statistical data. Most of the data from this all board can make available on their website.
Statistic provided by the spices board of India is always in the format of country, spice, or both. Some examples are.
Statistic formate of spices board
So Above all types of statistics, the board provides online, on their website.
After discussing all above point I can conclude that.
- Spices Board is formed to develop the spices industry spicily to increase the export
- The maximum concentration of the spices board is on Cardimon
- Board has not taken any strong stapes to grow the farmer directly.
- they conduct the program and runs the project for increasing export
- Board provides quality facility for the spices to be export
- Spices development agenesis are the regional agenesis.
- Board provides the statistic reports of Export, Import, and many more.
Visit my anather blog – What’s Indian textile industry? Indian textile industry 2020
Turmeric, Coriander powder, Whole spices mix, Green cardamom, Red chilli, Saffron.
Andhra Pradesh is the largest producer of spices.
Black pepper is the king of spices.
Green Cardamom is the best.