Zoom App is one of the popular video conferencing software apps. Due to coronavirus spread across the world, this app has become an essential tool for students, employees, and other people who want to keep in touch and continue their daily work. Zoom can help us to communicate with the medium or large-sized team easily.
What will you get from here:
- What is Zoom App?
- Installation process it?
- How to create an account?
- How to set up a meeting
- Zoom Security
- Advantages of the Zoom App
- Disadvantages of the Zoom App
What is Zoom App?
Zoom is a web-based video conferencing app that enables the user to communicate with others through the internet with or without video. We can share screens, record sessions, and can collaborate on projects. This is an easy-to-use platform. This application offers quality video, audio, and wireless screen sharing performance at every platform like Windows, Linux, Android, Mac, etc.
The mission of the Zoom is to make video communications frictionless.
How to install it?
It is easy to install Zoom App on your pc or mobile. It is free to use but offers paid additional features with paid subscriptions. There are a few steps to download Zoom on your pc and phone.
Steps to install Zoom on PC
- Connect your pc or laptop to the internet and then open the browser and open the official website of the Zoom app that is www.zoom.us.
- This navigates to the official site of the Zoom. Scroll down to the web page’s footer and click on “Download”
- This will open a new download page which contains the different options for download. You need to click download under the “Zoom Client for Meetings”.
- This will start to download the .exe file after this you can install Zoom on your system.
- After installation, you need to create your account for login and then you can make a conference and video call to others.
To install Zoom on Phone:
- Connect your phone to the internet and open the Google Play Store.
- Search Zoom Cloud Meetings.
- Click on the install button and after installation, open the app and create your account to login and if you already have an account then you can just log in by clicking on the login button.
- After this, you can start your meetings and conferences.
How to create an account?
Creating an account on Zoom is an easy task. To sign up you just need to follow a few easy steps or if you don’t want to create an account you can still use the app. It just needs to access your email account to verify the user and password.
Steps to create an account on Zoom:
- First, you need to install the Zoom App and then click on the app and go to the Sign Up option on the welcome page.
- Enter the email address from which you want to sign in then next enter your First name and Last name.
- Agree to the Terms and Conditions and click next and then a pop-up message will arrive informing you that a confirmation email has been sent to your mail-id.
- Go through your mail and click the “Activate Account” option. This will open your browser in which you need to fill your account information. Re-enter your first and last name and create a password according to the Zoom policy which asks you to confirm again.
- Now you have successfully created your account.
How to set up a meeting
If you want to set up the meeting on Zoom App please follow the instruction below:
- Open the Zoom app and select the “Host a Meeting” option.
- Now a screen appears with the options at the bottom, Click “Invite”.
- Inviting users can be done in different ways like copy URL and copy the invitation button then share this message to the participants to join the meeting.
- Now schedule a meeting by clicking on the “Schedule” button.
- Now enter the Meeting title in the topic field.
- In the “When” option: Fill your start time, duration time, time zone.
- Choose options for audio and video.
- Select additional meeting options including requiring a meeting password, only if you want.
- After filling the details click on the “Schedule” button at the bottom.
- Your meeting will be scheduled.
Also Read: What is WiFi Calling?
About Zoom’s Security
As it is well known the world is using Zoom to maintain social distancing and doing their work. This app has provided many benefits to people through video conferencing and meetings. But this popular app has its dark side too.
As the information of the user is leaking and because of this, the company has faced intense criticism. This popular app has been in the news in the past few weeks for multi-privacy issues.
Zoom users had faced security issues and researchers found bugs in its code and the company failed to disclose about this and their services did not end to end encrypted.
The Indian government has warned the users to follow certain rules or guidelines regarding their security. The Central government has launched a challenge only for the Indian Companies to develop a video conferencing app with the prize money 1 crore. This challenge is raised because of the privacy issues highlighted in the Zoom app.
The latest news about the Zoom is that it raises the encryption level for better security and protection of meeting data.
Also Read: Google’s top 12 tricks
Advantages of the Zoom App
- Zoom provided multiple services like HD video conferencing, online business meetings into one.
- Zoom offers video recording from multiple presenters and attendees. This records the whole lecture including questions asked by the attendees.
- Users can enjoy video conferencing on different platforms like Mac, Windows, iOS, and Android.
- It offers instant or scheduled meetings and 24 x 7 online monitoring.
- It increases the capacity of virtual meetings by providing dynamic voice detection.
- Zoom app is free for personal use, small business while the other conferencing apps are costly.
- Zoom handles 100 participants at a time which provides a better environment for business meetings, students.
Disadvantages of the Zoom App
- A user has reported bad services by the customer services department. They take 2-3 days to solve the users’ problem which is not acceptable.
- Zoom has been criticized for its privacy issues as the hackers took advantage of the corona crisis to target the workers through this app. As Zoom is not end-to-end encrypted the hackers hacked the username and password and sold the information over the dark web.
- Video Conferencing needs a fast speed internet connection unless it causes unclear audio and video lags.
- If you are paying on Zoom as a host, it can be expensive according to your business and team.
Zoom seems to have their hand in a lot of pots. It has the most popular conferencing video app. Zoom has provided many features to small businesses and large businesses.
It provides plenty of configuration options like an automatic record of calls and video recording too. It makes things simple from a single touch. We can choose any platform to use this application.
There are always some advantages and disadvantages of every platform, Zoom is one of them. There are a lot of features which make it a useful and complete package but at the same time, there are many disadvantages also, some of them can not be negotiable. None of a business wants to leak their data on the dark web and it is the biggest mistake by the Zoom app.
So, overall Zoom is a very good and useful system if it is end-to-end encrypted.
Yes, It is free but there are some features which are paid. It is not completely free.
No, Zoom app is not banned in India, But the Indian Government has warned the Indian people to avoid the use of the Zoom app.
Recently Zoom has accepted that there a data leaked on the Internet of business meetings. Indian Government has also warned to not use the Zoom app, So, It can be said that it is not completely safe to use the Zoom app.
No, It is not from china, It is from the United States.
There are many apps that can be used for video conferencing, For example, you can use Google Hangout or Cisco Webx Meetings.
Yes, You can use this app on your Android app by just installing the app from the Google play store or you can download the app from the official website.