Hey, If you want to watch movies and listen to songs in high-quality audio and video. And suppose you are planning to buy a wireless home theatre system to get rid of tangled wires which hassles many of us. In that case, you need to read this blog to get full details about a home theatre system and based on that you will also get the best options available in the Indian market.
What’s in it for me-
- The Need for a Home Theatre System
- Why Wireless Home Theatre System?
- Buying Guide to Home Theatre System
- List of 11 best Wireless Home Theatre Systems
The Need for a Home Theatre System
Generally, the home theatre system is a combination of electronics designed to recreate the experience of watching a movie in a theatre. Having a proper home theatre system is always an advantage when spending more time with your family.
A home theatre brings many positives like a full movie theatre experience at your house without the hassle of going to one. While you watch a movie on a home theatre system, you are more immersed in the background than watching one on an ordinary television.
You can take your gaming to new heights, or watch your favourite sporting events live on your home theatre system. OTT shows on Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Hotstar and other streaming services will have a new meaning now!
Why Wireless Home Theatre System?
If you don’t want your room with electrical wires scattered all over or will spoil the beautiful interiors, then a home theatre with wireless speakers is what you need. Wireless speakers are not only easy to set up but also compliments the interiors of your room. However, wireless home theatre systems cost more than wired ones. So, you will have to prefer the advantages of wireless home theatre systems over its cost.
If budget is not a limitation, then home theatre systems with wireless speakers are always the right choice.
Buying Guide to Home Theatre Systems
Markets are piled with a large number of variations available in wireless home theatre systems. These may vary from very premium to very affordable ones, but you have to make the best investment according to your needs and house. If you are going to buy one, then we are here to guide you.
Here are the things you should keep in mind while buying a home theatre (wired or wireless both):
1) The TV in the House
If by chance you do not have a TV to assemble your home theatre around, the first thing you will have to do is buy one. If you already have a TV and it’s not a 4K or HDR TV, try exchanging or purchasing a new one because they are simply advanced.
Moreover, given all the built-in connectivity options, you will be set for the future. The new smart TVs available in the market are way easier to connect to everything else, thanks to built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, etc.
2) Home Theatre Music System Content:
The home theatre system which you are going to buy must have the following content:
- Box speakers- The large speaker at the centre
- Tower speakers
- Centre Channel- used to sub manage your speakers’ sound quality and bass effect.
- Rear sound speakers- they give surround sound effect.
- Subwoofer – It gives Bass effect
3) Speaker Layout:
The choice of speaker layout depends on the size of your room. Typically, according to room size in India at present speaker layout of 5.1 is the most famous. If your room is extra large, then you may choose a 7.1 speaker layout.
There are various speaker layouts available in the market, such as:
What you get in a 5.1 speaker layout :
- A 5.1 set up will have five speakers and a subwoofer
- A central speaker and a subwoofer
- Two speakers on the sides
- Two back speakers for the surround sound effect
4) Connectivity Options:
You can usually connect a home theatre system with TVs, gaming consoles, DVD players, Blu-Ray players, USB drives, and smartphones.
For all these, you must have connectivity options like HDMI port, Audio- Video, USB, Ethernet, Apple airplay, 4K upscaling and 3D support connectivity port.
HDMI port ( High definition multimedia interface)-
- Using the HDMI port, you can send the audio from the TV to speakers, soundbars or receivers.
- With this port, you can send or receive audio or video data. It offers flexibility to upstream the data.
So, look for a device that comes with at least 3 HDMI input ports for connecting with multiple devices.
USB Port ( universal serial bus)-
- The USB port can be used connecting to laptops, smartphones ( Android or Ios), o tablets.
- Look for the currently running version 3.0 because it eliminates the need of having a docking station.
- By Connecting via USB port, you can listen to your favourite music, HD streaming videos and play games.
NFC ( Near field communication) and Bluetooth connectivity:
This is a convenient feature to connect your phone to speakers for playing music. If you are a music lover, then you should go for a wireless home theatre system.
You must be aware of Bluetooth connectivity, and further, all the smartphones have Bluetooth nowadays so you not need to worry about this. But for NFC connection you have to make sure that your smartphone must have it.
HAving ethernet connectivity in the audio-video receiver offers multiple benefits, such as an easy update of the receivers firmware and online music streaming. With DLNA, you can also access content on your home network and stream music from your smartphone or tablet.
The audio-video receiver is the heart of any theatre system, so you need to make sure that you choose the one that has a one with good quality. It should handle – Dolby digital soundtracks, DTS soundtracks, Netflix, DVDs, and Blu Rays Discs.
The subwoofers produce the low pitched audio frequencies which give the bass effect.
Always place the subwoofer below the centre channel if it is 5.1 configuration. If it is 7.1 configuration home theatre, you will be using two subwoofers, put one at the right side, and another at the left side, between the front and back( surround) speakers.
6) Power Consumption
The total power output of an amplifier is usually denoted in Watts. To provide enough power to the connected speakers, it is essential to ensure that your receiver is powerful enough. Ideally, for optimal performance, look for an A/V receiver that delivers at least 100 watts of power to every channel.
7) Budget And Room Size
Your budget and need will help you to narrow down your options. The size of the room, free space and speaker placement are other things to be considered.
8) Ease Of Set-Up
Setting up any electronic device is a headache, and if easy-to-install is the criteria, you are looking forward to. Thus, going for a home-theatre-in-a-box is what you should be looking for. A home-theatre-in-a-box has everything included and is easy to put together.
List of 11 Best Wireless Home Theatre Systems
Suppose you are planning to spruce up your living room with a home theatre system in India. Then, here are 11 best options :
1) Philips SPA4040B/94 Multimedia Speakers System
PRICE – RS. 5000 ( APPROX)
- 5.1 surround sound to ensure immersive sound experience with rich bass
- FM tuner for radio enjoyment, 1-year warranty
- Bass boost technology with control level, 45W RMS audio Wattage
- Compact design for optimal portability
- High-quality built-in speakers for rich and clear sound
- Works with any Bluetooth-enabled device
- USB and SD card slots for photos and music playback
- works with Mp3 players, mobile phones, PCs and laptops
2) Philips SPA8000B/94 5.1 Channel Multimedia Speakers System
PRICE- RS. 8000 ( APPROX.)
- USB and SD card slots for music playback. The sensitivity is 85 dB, and the standard impedance is 4 ohm.
- 5.1 Surround sound, immersive sound experience ; Frequency range: 20Hz-20KHz ; Output power in total: 120 W ; Power: 230V, 50 Hz ; Signal/Noise ratio: > 60 dB ; THD: < 10 %
- Only demo: Please contact Philips service centre at 1860-425-6396 for a free demonstration of the product
- FM tuner for radio enjoyment
- Perfect for MP3, PC, TV, CD and more
- Designed for style looks as good as it sounds
- Subwoofer driver: 8 inches high-efficiency woofer
- Cable Length: 1.3 m, Connector: RCA x 6
- Power On or Off Button: ON subwoofer
- Works with any Bluetooth-enabled device
3) Sony HT-S20R 5.1 Channel Dolby Digital Soundbar Home Theatre System
PRICE- RS. 15000 (APPROX)
- Cinematic Sound Experience with 5.1ch real Surround Sound
- Stream music wirelessly via BlueTooth Connection
- Play music via USB plug & play
- Powerful Bass with 400w Power Output
- Simple setup with HDMI ARC, optical and analogue inputs
4) Sony HT-RT3 Real 5.1 Dolby Digital Soundbar Home Theatre System
PRICE- RS. 19,000 (APPROX)
- Fill the room with 5.1 channel speakers’ real surround sound; MAIN UNIT SIZE – BODY ONLY(WxHxD):90×5.2x7cm; SUBWOOFER SIZE (WxHxD):19×39.2×31.5cm.
- An impressive power output of 600W
- Easy Bluetooth connectivity with NFC single-touch wireless audio streaming and place the BLUETOOTH device within 1 meter from the Subwoofer
- USB audio playback, Great-sounding music in one step with ClearAudio+
- You can browse song list of pen-drive from a distance using the Songpal application
5) Sony HT-RT40 Real 5.1 Dolby Digital Tallboy Soundbar Home Theatre System
PRICE- RS. 23,000 (APPROX.)
- Real 5.1ch channel surround sound provides immersive sound.
- One-touch wireless listening with NFC and Bluetooth
- Music centre app compatibility, Power Consumption: 85 Watt; Power Requirement: AC 220 – 240V, 50/60 Hz
- Enjoy your favourite playlist by just plugging in your USB
- Tallboy speakers
6) Sony BDV-E3200 Real 5.1 channel Dolby Digital Blu-ray Home Theatre System
PRICE- RS. 30,000 ( APPROX)
- Power Output 1000W RMS.
- “Tweeter”, which provides more Vocal Clearly
- India Sound Setting has “ ClearAudio+” – More Bass, Louder & More Clear.
- NFC & Bluetooth, Input and output terminals: Analogue Audio Input(1), Ethernet Connection(1), HDMI Output(1), Optical Audio Input(1), USB Input(1)
- USB Multiple Format Playable (AVC HD, MP4, MKV, MPEG4, WMV, XVID)
- Built-in WiFi
- Sense Of Quartz Design; 18cms Subwoofer
- Sound Technology: Dolby Digital, Dolby Pro Logic, Dolby TrueHD, DTS-HD, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS, DTS-HD (HR/MA/LBR), Clearaudio+; Other Features: DLNA, Built-in Wifi, Miracast, Ethernet, Smartphone Control; Signal to Noise Ratio: 50 dB
7) JBL Bar 5.1 Channel Soundbar
PRICE- RS. 41,000 ( APPROX.)
- 550 Watt Power Output with Dolby Digital
- Panoramic Surround Sound by JBL MultiBeam Technology
- Ultra HD 4K Pass-through with Dolby Vision
- 10″ Wireless Subwoofer
- Built-in WiFi and compatibility with Chromecast and Airplay 2
- Wireless Music Streaming with Bluetooth
8) Yamaha YHT-3072 Ultra HD 5.1 Channel Home Theater System
PRICE- RS. 48,000 (APPROX.)
- Nos. of Ch.: 5.1 Ch
- Source type: AMP BASED
- Speaker Type: bookshelf
- Sound Output: 500W
- Connectivity: HDMI, OPTICAL & COAXIAL, BLUETOOTH
- Surround setting: DOLBY TRUE HD, DOLBY DIGITAL PLUS, DTS-HD Master Audio
- Others: FM TUNER
9) Sony BDV-N9200 5.1ch Blu-ray home theatre system
PRICE- RS 55,000 ( APPROX)
- Nos. of Ch.: 5.1 Ch
- Source type: BLU-RAY 3D
- Speaker Type: Tower
- Sound output: 1200W
- Connectivity: Wi-fi bult-in, NFC, HDMI, Optical, Bluetooth
- Surround setting: DOLBY TrueHD/DOLBY DIGITAL+, DOLBY PRO LOGIC II
- Others: WIRELESS REAR SPEAKERS, FM
10) SONY Blu-ray Home Theatre System with Bluetooth BDV-N9200W
PRICE -RS. 63000 ( APPROX.)
- A subwoofer and five speakers (5.1) supported by 1,200 W power.
- 4K video upscaling and 3D Blu-ray Disc playback
- Wireless streaming with NFC, Miracast, Bluetooth and Wi-Fi.
- High-Resolution Audio – it converts analogue sound to digital at a higher, more precise rate than CDs.
- Digital Sound Enhancement Engine (DSEE) – it upscales compressed digital music files (MP3, ACC and WMA) to CD quality.
- Made with Mica-reinforced glass fibre cone – glass fibre allows a more comprehensive frequency range, quicker response, and improved sound clarity.
- Two wide dispersion (WD) Super tweeters – create a wide listening area.
- Magnetic fluid speakers offer enhanced, crystal-clear sound by replacing dampers with fluid suspension, which also cuts energy use.
- Powerful subwoofer
- One-touch mirroring (screencast) to display your smartphone screen on TV with NFC (Near Field Communication) technology
- SPEAKER SYSTEM – 3 way
- BAND (FM/AM) – FM
- PRESET STATION (FM/AM) – 20 (FM)
- POWER OUTPUT – 1200 W
- FORM FACTOR – 5.1
- INPUT AND OUTPUT TERMINALS -Analogue Audio Input: PIN Jack (1), Auto Calibration Mic Input (1), Ethernet Connection (1), HDMI in/out (2/1), Optical Audio Input (1), USB Input (1), USB Keyboard
- BLU-RAY DISC – YES
- BLU-RAY 3D – YES
- DVD- YES
11) SONY 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos Soundbar Home Theatre system with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth technology (also known as HT-ST5000//ME12)
PRICE – RS. 150,000 (APPROX.)
- Sony’s unique digital-sound-field-processing technology virtually reproduces the surround-sound field using front speakers only, with audio coming at you from both sides. There is no need to add rear speakers, meaning you can enjoy rich, cinematic surround sound without cluttering your living space.
- 7.1.2 speaker channels
- Dolby Atmos with 360° surround sound
- A High Dynamic Range signal delivers extraordinary detail, colour and contrast, with a far more comprehensive range of brightness than other video formats.
- 3x HDCP 2.2-compatible HDMI inputs, optical SPDIF, 1x HDMI ARC output, analogue AUX, and a USB connection.
- S-Master HX Digital amplifier – it reduces distortion to produce precise results with high-frequency ranges.
- DSEE HX upscaling technology – analyse your music and replace lost harmonics, restoring audio signals to near high-resolution quality.
- LDAC Technology – LDAC is an audio technology from Sony that allows you to enjoy high-quality Bluetooth wireless audio. With three times the data transferred, LDAC provides an enhanced wireless listening experience for all your music.
- ClearAudio+ – automatically adjusts sound settings from game mode to movie or music mode.
- one-touch connection via NFC
- Connect to the Internet with built-in WiFi for instant access to music services like Spotify and others via Chromecast built-in, and stream music from devices on your home network.
- The dedicated Music Service button lets you pick up exactly where you left off from another device with Spotify.
NOTE- While efforts have been placed to provide accurate information, human errors may have occurred.
In this blog, we have given a lot of information about wireless home theatre systems such as, why you need it? things that should be kept in mind before buying it, a detailed guide of how to buy a home theatre system. Finally, we have provided the list of best 11 home theatre systems ( of different price ranges ) in India available in 2021 which are as follows:
- Philips SPA4040B/94 Multimedia Speakers System
- Philips SPA8000B/94 5.1 Channel Multimedia Speakers System
- Sony HT-S20R 5.1 Channel Dolby Digital Soundbar Home Theatre System
- Sony HT-RT3 Real 5.1ch Dolby Digital Soundbar Home Theatre System
- HT-RT40 Real 5.1 Dolby Digital Tallboy Soundbar Home Theatre System by Sony
- Sony BDV-E3200 Real 5.1 Dolby Digital Blu-ray Home Theatre System
- JBL Bar 5.1 Channel Soundbar
- Yamaha YHT-3072 Ultra HD 5.1 Channel Home Theater System with Dolby True HD & Bluetooth
- Sony BDV-N9200 5.1ch Blu-ray home theatre system
- SONY Blu-ray Home Theatre System with Bluetooth
- SONY’s 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos Soundbar Home Theatre system with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth technology (also known as HT-ST5000//ME12)
Also you can read our blog on Android TV vs Smart TV Which is better for you?
Q. Which is the best wireless home theatre system 7.1?
A. SONY 7.1.2 Dolby Atmos Soundbar Home Theatre system with Wi-Fi/Bluetooth technology (also known as HT-ST5000//ME12)
Q. How do wireless speakers get power?
A. “Wireless” speakers always have an AC power cable (wire) that needs to be plugged into the wall.
Q. How can I connect my home theatre to my TV without HDMI?
A. If you want to connect a soundbar to the TV without HDMI or optical, you have two options: go high-tech with a wireless connection or mid-tech with 3.5 mm aux or RCA cables. You can also use an auxiliary device to convert coaxial cables to another type of connection.
Q. Is 5.1 or 7.1 surround sound better?
A. A 5.1 surround sound system uses six channels (feeding into six speakers) to create surround sound. 7.1 surround sound systems use eight channels. The extra two channels of sound (and two different speakers) provide a slightly better audio quality.
Q. Are wireless speakers better than wired?
A. Wired speakers offer high-quality sound as compared to their wireless counterparts. They are rarely affected by interference like wireless speakers. Wired speakers are also never affected by Wi-Fi outages. Moreover, wireless speakers are expensive than wired ones.
Q. Are Wi-Fi speakers better than Bluetooth?
A. WiFi speakers have better sound quality than Bluetooth speakers. Bluetooth compresses the data more than WiFi speakers. Also, Wifi speakers have long-range connectivity compared to Bluetooth speakers.