In this we will discuss the popular zoom video conferencing application available on the internet at a time.
Now most of the people use this application due to coronavirus by this reason
zoom video conferencing application active users increase very fast in 2020 it has 200 million-plus active users in the world
Only in play store zoom video conferencing application has 100 million+ downloads So you can imagine how much popular app is this.
What you get
- What is Zoom
- Download Zoom Application for Free
- How do I Create a Zoom Account
- Learn to use Zoom Features
- How do I Setup/Start a Zoom Meeting
- Join Zoom Meeting | With or Without an Account
- Zoom Plans Free or Paid
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Zoom
Zoom is a first video conferencing application where people can do video calling with many peoples
It is created for classroom or offices video calling
So, many people can use it at the same together and complete their work without going anywhere.
Download Zoom Application for Free
Zoom app is available in both android and iPhone devices & it also available for PC, windows or mac.
- To download the zoom app, First visit to the play store (for Android devices) or visit App Store (for iPhone devices)
- Then Go to search bar and type name of the application “ZOOM” click on search
- When you get the results open-top first result and click install
- Then you see download is started(similar process work in android and iPhone devices)
For PC | Mac or Windows
- To download the zoom for PC
- It takes another page where you see two characteries choose “zoom meetings for clients” and download for zoom.
- Then find & download zoom file in your PC and install it.
How do I Create a Zoom Account
After downloading the app when first you open the app you will get to see three options on the screen which joins a meeting, sign up, & sign in
In this screen you can see one more option which is settings,
click on the top left corner setting icon then you get some setting options like
1.) Version of the zoom application
2.) Meeting settings :
you get all the settings related to meetings
- Auto connect to audio – it means if this setting is ON then always when you join the meeting you will automatically connect to the audio you don’t need to do manually.we will discuss next how you do it manually
- Always mute my microphone – it means when you join the meeting your microphone is mute so no one can hear you if you want to speak then first you have to do unmute your microphone then you can speak.
- Always turn off my video: if this option is OFF It means when you attend the meeting your face will not see by anyone.
- Show non-video participants: By using this feature all those participants whose video option is OFF will see you in the participant list but without the image.
- Names when participants join: When some new participant joins the meeting then their name will showing in your screen (what they put) if they didn’t put there name then you will see it’s a device name.
- Show my connected time: If this setting is enabled then It will show you the time how long you joined in the meeting.
- Reaction Skin Tone: when you use reaction in chats then this feature is helpful.
- Always show video preview
- Safe driving mode
- Auto copy meeting link
- Closed captioning
3.) Send feedback :
By this, you can send feedback about the zoom application
5.) Tell others about zoom :
you can invite people by Gmail or messaging
6.)Rate zoom :
Give rating to zoom in play store or app store
if you already have an account then click on “sign-in” or if you are here to join meeting then click on “join a meeting”
And If you want to create an account click on “sign up“
After clicking on sign up it will tell you to put your email, first name, and Last name
Be sure that typed email should be working because zoom will send you an email for verification of the account.
After filling all these details tik the box of agreeing of “terms of service” & tab on ‘Next‘
On the next page, it will tell you to verify your email by click on the link
If you don’t get an email you can click on resend email so go to email, find zoom email and verify it
When you click on the link it will redirect to the new page where you have to create your password be sure that your password is strong
Some conditions ( minimum 8 characters, minimum one number, minimum 1 alphabet, or include upper case & lower case characters),
Again put your password in confirm password box & click to continue
After click on continue it will shows ‘invite colleagues’ page where
if you want to invite you can by put the email id on the box otherwise click on ‘test meeting‘
Test meeting page showing options first one is ‘start meeting’ & second one is ‘go to my account‘
Click on ‘go to my account’
Now are all done your account is successfully created
Now again ‘sign in’ in the application then zoom homepage appears.
Also Read – How to Remove your Number from Truecaller App
Learn to use Zoom Features
If you just download the zoom video conferencing application & you want to know how many features it has and how they work
Then, in this we will explain about its features
Scheduling a meeting:
It is one of the great features in the zoom by using this feature you create the schedule of the meeting
when you want to start and end the meeting, duration of the meeting, etc.
- To set schedule, first, open the homepage of the screen then you will see schedule option in blue color
- Tab on schedule button, then the new window will be opened where it gives you some options, Those you can fill according to your meeting requirements like name of the topic
- Starting date & time, duration (hours & minutes), meeting id, password, video, audio, calendar, etc. All these options you can understand easily and use it if you want,
- It also consists of many advanced features but according to me if you are a beginner you don’t need it at all.
- Advanced options are : Enable waiting room, enable join before host, mute participants on automatically record meeting
Screen sharing & recording:
Zoom video conferencing application also allows you to share your screen with zoom participants,
It is useful feature when you teach something to your students, colleagues, employees etc.
so you can share slides available in your PC or phone to them
- For screen sharing open the app when homepage appears you see the options in the bottom,
- click on screen sharing, then it open some of the screens select which you want to share that it.
- To start recording the video, just click on the record option then it started
Chats and reactions :
Zoom video conferencing application also gives you a facility to chat with a particular participant or in a group you can send your reactions, files, etc.
Similar steps follow as you do in screen sharing, In the homepage of the app in the bottom, you see an options chat and reaction click on it what you want to do.
How do I Setup/Start a Zoom
- To start a meeting on zoom video conferencing application is very easy, an important point I will tell you that you have to signup it means you must have an account to start the meeting as a host
- Open the app, on the homepage you will get “new meeting” option in red colour in top right corner click on it
- Then it will show you the link or meeting id, this is the link or id with the help of this your friends, workers colleagues, employees, etc. will join the meeting. you just need to share this link or meeting id through any platform.
Join Zoom Meeting | With or Without an Account
Joining a meeting is a very simple and easy method,
you don’t need to sign up in the zoom video conferencing application,
To join the meeting you just need a meeting link or zoom id that’s it.
Open the app and click on ‘join a meeting’
then it will show you two options to join it with meeting id, or personal link,
you have put it one of them and join the meeting
you can also write your name so people can understand who you are
If you don’t want to continue the meeting then click on “leave the meeting”
It takes some time, after it, You will automatically come outside from the zoom homepage.
Zoom Plans Free or Paid
Zoom video conferencing application has some limitations in the free plans
like your any group meeting duration maximum limit is 40 minutes with 100 participants but if you doing one on one meeting then it is unlimited
In the free plans you don’t get a feature to record the video.
|Serial no.||Subscription||Price of Subscription|
We discussed everything which helps you to use zoom video conferencing application
If you are a new user then this post helps you to perform some of these actions
such as, To create account, join meeting, zoom video conferencing application plans free and paid and many more.
It all depends on you whether it is for classes, enjoyment, or any business related video conferencing calls you want to do.
Due to COVID-19 zoom video conferencing application will become very useful for people.
Frequently Asked Questions
Ans: To reset your zoom account password you just need to visit on the site zoom.us/forget-password and follow the steps as they told.
Ans: You can find your account owner details by visiting the profile page.
Ans: In the application there are so many ways to send invitation to the people you just share your meeting id or Url and tell them to put it in that section.
Ans: Yes, No doubt in it you can connect any earnphone or headphones, or any accessories with your device its all depends on the device compatibility.
I am a 📝mechanical engineer📝and a ❤️digital marketer❤️ and if you like my content then you can follow me on Instagram, Facebook, twitter, LinkedIn, etc.