Are you planning to buy a smartphone? Or Looking for a budget smartphones with the best features? Almost everyone is stuck with which phone will suit them the best.
One can easily get confused with so many factors before buying a budget smartphone. Factors like features, display, models, camera, processors, battery, and whatnot. But now you don’t need to worry as we have created this detailed blog where we have answered your all questions.
Nowadays, smartphones have become a necessity in our life. Currently 3.8 billion people in the world use phones. And 48.33% of the world’s population owns a smartphone.
And most importantly their prices are also touching heights. Nowadays, some phones range from 5000 to 500k. But don’t worry because we have listed some of the best budget smartphones that you won’t regret buying.
Check out this detailed blog that covers every aspect of buying a budget smartphone. Also, check out some Insider Expert tips before buying a smartphone in 2021.
What’s in it for me-
- What is a Smartphone?
- Types of Smartphones?
- Types of Operating System in Smartphones
- Features of smartphone | Designs and trends
- How to select a smartphone?
- Best Budget Smartphones that you won’t regret buying
What is a Smartphone?
A Smartphone is an updated version of an old-style cell phone. They are portable and user-friendly. It has all the basic features of a cell phone. Cell phones are limited to basic features like phone calls, text, voicemails and messaging. Instead, smartphones are upgraded to flawless use of the internet. Which lets you check your email, online browsing, or shopping. There are endless things to access from a smartphone.
Smartphones are loaded with features, modern games, smart technologies, and fast internet. With technologies like WiFi and GPS, you can access the world effectively.
In short, smartphones are a combination of cellular and computing functions.
Smartphones are upgraded to touch-sensitive screen, virtual keyboard, in-built functions, high-quality digital camera and much more.
Uses and features of smartphones
- Internet connectivity
- Portable wireless connectivity with devices, such as laptop or desktop computers.
- Mobile browsing, syncing many email accounts, downloading apps and games, and much more.
- Touchscreen, WiFi, digital cameras, GPS, and embedded memory.
- Wireless synchronisation to devices like desktop computers, speakers, and laptops.
- Download third party applications and software.
- Unified messaging, voice detection, and use of Virtual Assistant.
Types of Smartphones
iPhone is a widely used and most famous smartphone brand in the world. It uses its own developed iOS Operating System.
iPhone has popular features like Safari, Siri, personal digital assistant, and FaceTime. It has all features of iPod, cellular phone and computer.
The advanced features of Siri remind you of meetings and appointments. Play a song in Siri by just saying it’s title.
On the iPhone, you will get access to around 2.2 million apps that are on the Apple Store. Apple Store gives you access to paid and free apps.13 million iPhones were sold in the initial 5 quarters in the market.
iPhone releases its latest models frequently, each having some attractive new features. Currently, you can see iPhone 12 pro dominating the market. Apple products are considered branded and the prices range from $199 to $299.
iPhones are introduced with the latest iOS 14 which provides extra security, improved privacy settings, new home screen features, and much more.
iPhones are usually expensive but here we have listed the top 3 budget smartphones of the Apple iPhone.
Android Phone is high tech, powerful smartphone that operates on Android Operating System (OS). Dominating the market, most smartphones use Android OS. It is very flexible as it works with Google products like Google Drive, G-mail, Google Search and many others. You need to open a Gmail account to better use Android. However, you can operate an Android smartphone without a Gmail account also.
When it comes to top manufacturing, top manufacturers like Samsung and HTC use Android systems. With great specifications and features, these companies sell millions of their smartphones worldwide.
Android allows you to download and purchase free books, apps, movies and even TV series on the App Store. Android App Store also provides paid products as well.
When it comes to prices, Android smartphones will not squeeze much from your pockets. Top manufacturers like HTC and Samsung make the best models at affordable prices.
Currently, there are top competitors like Samsung, Xiaomi, Oppo, Vivo, etc. A budget smartphone starts from 9000-10000 in India.
The prices of Android phones are way cheaper than other smartphones. But at the same time, you will not regret putting a little more into smartphones. Depending upon the latest features and designs I have listed Top 3 budget smartphones from top Android phone brands.
Windows phones are beautifully designed and operate on Windows OS. With top competitors like Apple and Android, Windows is trying its best to develop a great user interface for smartphones.
A new tile-like interface is featured in Windows phones. Introduced in 2010 to the world, they have recently been focusing more on software development and integration. Looking forward to the competition in the market they have launched products like OneDrive, Bing and Xbox. These all run on Windows OS.
Exciting features like Live Tile let you stay connected in the real world. Live updates, music, news, weather, and personal assistant are introduced in smartphones. Similarly to iOS and Android, you get Windows Phone App Store to shop for products. Get access to millions of mobile apps on Store which are free and paid.
Nokia is the main producer of hardware and phones are produced by Lumia. The prices range from 10000 in India. Here I have listed the top 3 budget smartphones from Windows.
Did you know?
Your mobile is more powerful than a spaceship- Apollo 11 had fewer features than computing features in smartphones nowadays.
Types of Operating System in Smartphones
Does a smartphone have an operating system? Yes, smartphones need an OS like desktops and laptops. Now as we know, smartphones have computing and cell phone features. Its features depend on the Operating System. Based upon one’s need you can choose a different Operating System (OS).
There are mainly 4 OS in the market for smartphones- iOS, Android, Windows, and Blackberry. We will be discussing 3 main OS in the market which are equally popular among people.
iOS- iOS (used in iPhones) is an Operating System developed by Apple. It is the second most used mobile Operating System in the world.
iOS has many features that please its users. Which provides an impressive interface, and amazing features. It provides impressive features like touch open and you get access to millions of apps on the Apple store. iOS doesn’t allow third-party applications and uses Safari web browser for internet use.
Pros of iOS-
- Fast service and fast review process within 7 days.
- Excellent UI and UX
- Impressive body build with shiny coating.
- Excellent security and privacy Features.
- Ideal for gaming and businesses.
Cons of iOS-
- Applications are large and heavy.
- iOS features expensive apps.
- No widget support.
- 3G phones are not Very impressive.
- Supports only iOS devices.
Android OS- Android OS is the most used OS in the world. It is available on every Android device and phone. It is owned by Google and is an open-source operating system. Dominating the market, it provides features customise useful widgets, multiple home screens and apps. It allows multitasking, and the features are easier to use.
Pros of Android OS-
- Android is customizable.
- Most used with an open platform.
- Cost effective.
- Access to all Google products including Gmail, Google payments, Google apps, Google drive and much more.
Cons of Android OS-
- Lots of advertisements show everywhere.
- Low security and less privacy features.
- High device fragmentation.
Windows OS- Windows OS is used only in devices partnered with Microsoft. It is also used in applications and smartphone devices by Windows. It provides features like fast boot timer, lower hardware requirements, better for presentations, Skype integration and much more.
Pros of Windows-
- Supports all types of hardwares.
- Easy to use with great user interface.
- Best for software support.
Cons of Windows OS-
- Frequent virus attacks.
- Software are mostly paid.
- High price.
- Not good for technical support.
Features of Smartphone | Designs and trends
As smartphones are a part of our life. And on average people spend approximately 2-6 hrs on smartphones daily. It is necessary to keep certain factors in mind before buying a smartphone. The phone needs to be the best in looks and the best performer. As we are here to check out the best budget phones in 2021. Here I have discussed in detail how to get hands-on a cool and perfect smartphone that suits you. Let’s get started!
We have placed Performance on top of priority here. The priority list for the best smartphone goes like- Performance, Camera, Display, and Battery.
Many people prioritize other factors over Performance. But when it comes to efficiency and durability your first preference should be Performance. Some phones tend to lag, hang or overheat after some months. For a smartphone that works smoothly and efficiently, it’s must to check out its Performance factors like- Processor, RAM, and Operating System.
To avoid situations like phone slowing down, getting hung, apps freezing up, issues in scrolling, etc. you should keep Performance at the top of your priorities.
This is a key factor for a smartphone’s performance. Processor is also referred to as SOC(System on chip) which includes CPU, GPU, and DSP. A good processor should handle and support features like WiFi, graphics, Bluetooth, screen, network connectivity and much more. A processor results in quality if your graphics, speed, screen, etc. That’s why you should always go for the most recently launched Processor.
It depends on the clock speed and the number of cores.
Opt for the processor which has a higher clock speed. To make your task simple, we have suggested top processors to go with- Qualcomm and MediaTek.
Tip- Choose a processor which is recently launched. Don’t go for processors which were launched a year ago.
4G vs 5G Processor
Should I buy a 5G processor? This is a question that every smartphone buyer asks nowadays. Well to be clear, soon all will be switched to 5G. People are confused about bandwidths and other factors but if you get a phone with 5G specifications then it will be good news for you. But to be certain, 5G phones should not be your priority.
If you are getting the best features, best OS, best RAM along with 5G then definitely go for it. But don’t just blindly buy a smartphone just because it has a 5G processor. If you get a good smartphone without 5G don’t worry cause the brands will later add on updates to provide you 5G facilities.
Almost everyone nowadays spends 2-5 hours on phones. Which makes it essential to have a smooth and appealing display. Watching videos, playing games, are much more fun with a better display.
- Screen size- It is totally dependent on the user. Some prefer big displays nowadays. Display size should be easy to hold, and flexible to use. Choose a 5.5-6 inches screen if you want an easy to carry smartphone else go for a 6-6.5 inches screen for playing games, watching videos, etc.
- Aspect ratio- This is the ratio that calculates your phone’s height to width. 16:9 is the most preferred aspect ratio nowadays.
- Display type- LCD and AMOLED are two types of displays available in smartphones. LCD display is preferred by gamers but truly AMOLED is a must try. Amoled is much better as it provides great colour reproduction, and solves problems of visibility in sunlight.
AMOLED vs IPS LCD Display
Keeping AMOLED’s functions in mind. One must prefer AMOLED over LCD Display. In 90% of user interfaces AMOLED will be much used. If you get 120 Hz Amoled is the ideal for smartphones nowadays. If you even get a choice for 120 Hz LCD or 60 Hz AMOLED then one must go with AMOLED. AMOLED screens colours, graphics, bands, battery efficiency are just unbeatable.
Battery and Fast charging
Fast charging is also an important factor in smartphones nowadays. Charging speed depends on the battery of the phone. Nowadays, smartphone batteryer range from 30W, 50W, 60W, 100W or more. Its better to have a higher watt battery. But at the same time there should be a balance. The higher the battery size the heavier the phone gets. To go for a sweet spot, you should choose a battery around 4500mAh. This can work for the whole day for 90% of people. Don’t go for 10W or 18W which is very slow. You can also select between 33-35W on the go.
Storage, RAM and ROM
Storage is an essential factor nowadays and low storage space can put you in trouble. Normal budget smartphones nowadays provide 32 to 64 GB storage space while high end phones provide 128-512 GB space. At this point of time, each photo takes up so much space. It’s ideal to have 4 or 6 GB RAM. 6 GB RAM is most preferred as it will be less hectic in future. 4 GB is also fine, but in future your phone can start creating problems.
When it comes to storage 128 GB is ideal nowadays. In budget smartphones you can go for 32 GB to 64 GB storage.
When it comes to cameras Apple’s name is all over. You won’t deny that they provide the best cameras in their smartphones. Check out Top 3 budget smartphones from Apple in 2021.
As advanced phone technologies are arriving camera features play a key role. You can see double, triple and quad cameras in New phones today.
Cameras now come with high resolutions and better quality. You should opt for 48 or 68 MP cameras at a fair price. Focus mainly on Ultrawide and main sensors. Don’t just focus on Megapixels, focus on camera features.
Main areas of focus for a good camera in a budget smartphone- Front Camera, Rear camera, Resolution, Lens and optics, Modes and AI.
Tip- Check out all features and check all features in the Camera app. Check and compare those features.
Build and Design
Build of your phone is also essential as it increases the look and feel of your phone. Choosing from a glass build or plastic build can be hard for some. Nowadays, people tend to give more importance to glass build phones. And many companies also focus on glass build models. If you are someone who loves to use a phone without a case then definitely go for glass build. But be careful with glass build as it can break easily. As it is very fragile you can either choose a plastic build.
How to select a smartphone?
Important tips before buying a smartphone
Smartphones are essential as the world is leading with advanced technologies. From shopping, online booking, online payments, and browsing we need a device to match with this online world. A smartphone lets you explore amazing opportunities online.
In India, the smartphone market is booming and increasing 30% yearly. When it comes to selecting a smartphone many get stuck.
Here I have mentioned all important tips and mistakes that one should avoid before buying a budget smartphone.
Mistakes before buying a smartphone
- Don’t go for too heavy batteries. Batteries ranging from 4500mAh is recommended.
- Focus on key features of cameras and not just megapixels of camera. Check for the latest features by going to the Camera app.
- TV commercials don’t tell you everything. Search and ask experts for best recommendations.
- Don’t focus on brands instead focus on Features and compare.
- Build quality can be hyped by brands. Choose what suits you the best.
- RAM, Storage and display is not everything. Mainly focus on Performance, features, and then Displays.
Best Budget Smartphones that you won’t regret buying
So now, as we have discussed every parameter and features of Smartphones. Now you might be wondering which are some best budget smartphones and top budget smartphones brands in India. Keeping every parameter in mind, we have selected top selling budget smartphones in 2021 that suits you well.
Best budget phones under 10000
Here I have listed top budget smartphones that are best selling this year.
1. Infinix Hot 10 (Ocean Wave, 64 GB) (4 GB RAM)
Price – Rs. 10.499/-
- 4 GB RAM | 64 GB ROM | Expandable Upto 256 GB
- 17.22 cm (6.78 inch) HD+ Display
- 16MP + 2MP + 2MP + Low Light Sensor | 8MP Front Camera
- 5200 mAh Li-ion Polymer Battery
- MediaTek Helio G70 Processor
2. MOTOROLA G10 Power (Breeze Blue, 64 GB) (4 GB RAM)
Price – Rs. 10,499/-
- 4 GB RAM | 64 GB ROM
- 16.54 cm (6.51 inch) HD+ Display
- 48MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP | 8MP Front Camera
- 6000 mAh Battery
- Snapdragon 460 Processor
- Stock Android Experience | Think Shield security
3. Micromax IN 1 (Blue, 64 GB) (4 GB RAM)
Price – 10,220/-
- 4 GB RAM | 64 GB ROM | ExpandableUpto 256 GB
- 16.94 cm (6.67 inch) Full HD+ Display
- 48MP + 2MP + 2MP | 8MP Front Camera
- 5000 mAh Lithium Polymer Battery
- MediaTek Helio G80 Processor
4. Realme Narzo 30A (Laser Black, 32 GB) (3 GB RAM)
Price – Rs. 9,999/-
- 3 GB RAM | 32 GB ROM | Expandable Upto 256 GB
- 16.54 cm (6.51 inch) HD+ Display
- 13MP + 2MP | 8MP Front Camera
- 6000 mAh Battery
- MediaTek Helio G85 Processor
5. Samsung Galaxy M11 (Metallic Blue, 4GB RAM, 64GB Storage)
Price – Rs. 9,499/-
- Brand- Samsung
- OS- Android
- Form factor- Smartphone
- Colour- Metallic Blue
- Memory Storage Capacity- 64 GB
- Other cameras- features 13MP+5MP+2MP
- CPU Manufacturer- Qualcomm | SDM450-F01
- Device interface – primary Touchscreen
- Screen Size- 6.4 Inches
- Battery Description- Lithium-Ion
6. POCO M3 (Power Black, 64 GB) (6 GB RAM)
Price – Rs, 12,400/-
- 6 GB RAM | 64 GB ROM | Expandable Upto 512 GB
- 16.59 cm (6.53 inch) Full HD+ Display
- 2MP + 48MP + 2MP | 8MP Front Camera
- 6000 mAh Lithium-ion Polymer Battery
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 662 Processor
7. Redmi 9 (Sky Blue, 4GB /64GB)
Rs. Rs. 8799/-
- Brand- Redmi
- Colour- Sky Blue
- Memory Storage Capacity-64 GB
- RAM – 4 GB
- OS- Android
- Screen Size- 6.53 Inches
- Display Type- 720×1600
- Cellular Technology- 4G
- Redmi, Longcheer Electronics ( Huizhou)
- Connectivity technologies- Wifi; 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v5.0
Smartphones are aligning highly with our daily life. Choosing a smartphone can be difficult for some due to many factors. We have given a detailed guide for choosing the best budget smartphones that suit you well. There are many tips and advice mentioned for someone looking for the best budget smartphones in 2021. This comprehensive guide takes you step by step about features, prices and list of best budget smartphones in 2021.
Depending on your preferences and budget you can pick any phone from our list of best budget smartphones in India. We have provided links of the products where you can get more details about the products. Check ratings, warranty details, services provided before buying.
Go with the brand or phone that suits you well.
Also you can read our blog on Best Air Conditioner To Buy This Year | AC Buying Guide in Detail
- What are the best budget smartphones under 8000?
Xiaomi Redmi 9A
Xiaomi Redmi 9i
Xiaomi Poco C3
Samsung Galaxy M01 Core 32GB
Samsung Galaxy M01
- What are the best budget smartphones under 10000 in 2021?
POCO M3 (Power Black, 64 GB) (6 GB RAM)
realme Narzo 30A (Laser Black, 32 GB) (3 GB RAM)
Micromax IN 1 (Blue, 64 GB) (4 GB RAM)
MOTOROLA G10 Power (Breeze Blue, 64 GB) (4 GB RAM)
Infinix Hot 10 (Ocean Wave, 64 GB) (4 GB RAM
- How recent smartphones are updated?
The technologies in smartphones change frequently. The developers and companies launch new technologies in months. You need to look for new budget smartphones that have new technologies.
- Does Amazon take smartphone deliveries during a lockdown?
Yes, Amazon does take orders in the regions where delivery services are allowed.
- What are top brands in smartphones?
Apple, Samsung, Xiaomi, and OnePlus are top leading brands in budget smartphones.
- Which phones are best in 2021?
XIAOMI MI 11 ULTRA.
IPHONE 12 PRO MAX.
MI 11X PRO.
IQOO 7 LEGEND.
ASUS ROG PHONE 5.
VIVO X60 PRO+
ONEPLUS 9 PRO.
SAMSUNG GALAXY S21 ULTRA.
- How long does a smartphone last?
Smartphone companies usually say that phones last for 2-3 years. After that the smartphones give less response. It usually depends on the companies like Apple, Android, or Windows that how long it will last. If you are looking for the best budget smartphones you can go through their specifications.
- Which is the No.1 smartphone company in the world?
Samsung captures a huge share in the smartphone market. It's leading and Samsung's phones are top selling. It uses Android OS and has many impressive specifications.
- What is the best OS for smartphones?
There are mainly 3 types of OS- iOS, Android and Windows. iOS is an OS by Apple, Android by Google and Windows by Microsoft. These are mostly used softwares in the world.