If you are reading this, then you want to know more about life and want to enjoy it to its fullest. But are you sure you can live better without knowing yourself?
You are the only person who will stay with you forever so without knowing yourself you cannot function greatly. Now let’s get started without any further ado.
What’s here for me
Self-awareness what’s that
Self-awareness refers to your knowledge and understanding of yourself – your emotions, beliefs, values, biases, knowledge base, abilities, motivations, interests, etc. Your self-awareness includes recognition of your own personality, your strength, your weakness and your likes-dislikes.
It makes you conscious of your own mood, emotions, and drives.
As we move ahead in the 21st century in the knowledge-based economy,
The need to upgrade our knowledge and skills to keep pace with the ‘permanent white waters’ becomes all the more important.
However, the starting point should be the knowledge of oneself as a unique individual and how one relates to this new economy.
Self-Awareness Theory is based on the idea that you are not your thoughts, but the entity observing your thoughts; you are the thinker, separate and apart from your thoughts (Duval & Wicklund, 1972).
Value of self-awareness:
When you are self-aware you almost always know how you are going to respond to certain good or bad situations.
This knowledge also capacitates you to have effective communication and productive interpersonal relations.
your self-awareness also enables you to develop your own idea about ‘what is appropriate behaviour’ and ‘what is inappropriate behaviour’ in a given social condition.
A little extra for you
Self-awareness practice can make you proactive, boost our acceptance, and encourage positive self-development.
It leads us to make a better decision for us and our surrounding.
Ask yourself why you need to gain self-awareness for yourself what will it fetch you ask these whys hows and whats to yourself.
Benefits of it :
- Organisational skills: It helps in organizing things to know what to do, when and where to start and when to finish everything on time.
- Multitasking ability: it is your ability to work on more than one thing at a time and complete each of them with required proficiency.
- Discipline: it is the most important skill to keep you and your actions in track for the successful completion of the task at hand.
- Communication skill: it helps you connect with yourself as well as with others for the support and cooperation required to finish the work at hand.
- Negotiating skill: it is your ability to see the bigger picture. It calls for foresightedness and willingness to accommodate others idea for benefit of all.
- Ability to deal rejection and not to take it personally: this calls for a ‘never-say-die’ attitude and open-mindedness to face failure and yet not get disheartened and start fresh.
Knowing what you need to do and when.
- Taking initiative rather than waiting for someone else to give us instructions on what to do and what not to.
- Doing what is asked to the best of our ability without any external or internal fear.
- Learning to work at a decent pace so that our work is completed on time.
- Not letting our self-doubt or negative emotions hamper our present or future actions.
- Taking ownership of our mistakes and not looking for excuses or blame-game.
- It helps us to understand the emotions of other people even better than you do.
- Overall, while self–awareness is generally positive, it’s important to use it for good, not evil.
- Rather than focusing on what’s wrong with yourself, use your awareness to improve your interactions and communication with others and how you can help both yourself and the people around you.
- And always remember self-awareness is a good sign of a tactful and intelligent person. Self- awareness is not about being self-centred or selfish but more observant of your kind.
TYPES OF SELF-AWARENESS:
There are 4 kinds of self-awareness as given below:
- Self-awareness of your strength: take time to discover your strengths.
- Discover your strengths by paying attention to the kind of work you do or want to do, what kind of work do you feel energised to work on
- Self-awareness of your weaknesses: Discovering your weaknesses builds your humility. As you discover that you cannot do everything, you either learn them yourself or be humble enough to ask for someone else’s support.
- Self-awareness of your dark side: Your dark side includes your character flaws and your hidden weaknesses. Don’t hide them rather try to overcome them with the help of friends and family.
- Self-awareness of your emotional triggers: These are your trigger points. Sometimes known to you at other times not known to you. Remember that knowing your emotional triggers helps you develop a strategy for remaining calm in those situations.
WAYS TO INCREASE SELF-AWARENESS:
- YOGA FOR BREATHING EXERCISES: Allowing yourself inhalation of a breath of full oxygen. Thus bringing in a good supply of it to your brain. Is also an effective way of dealing with stress. Click here for details on how
- MEDITATION: Meditation helps us in enhancing our mindfulness. Regular meditation can bring an abundance of peace to your mind and calm and composure to your body.
- SPENDING TIME WITH YOURSELF: It helps to understand yourself with consciousness. Some individuals are highly self-motivated while others require the imposition of external deadlines or some type of reward or penalty in order to move from thought to action.
- PHYSICAL EXERCISE: One common sign of getting stressed is that your muscles contract, which further adds to your discomfort with headache, back pain, muscle pull and high blood pressure.
- PRACTICE MINDFULNESS: mindfulness refers to be in the present moment and paying attention to yourself and the surrounding it is way better than getting lost in your thoughts and imagination.
- JOURNALING: the most advantageous benefit of journaling is that it allows you to identify yourself, it gives you a clarity of life, and helps you to accept your thoughts and emotions
- TALK TO THE PEOPLE YOU LOVE: they are the one who understands you and talking to them might be helpful as they know you better than you know yourself.
- Take psychometric tests: It includes mental Ability quizzes of numerical, reasoning, verbal, logical questions which work as a brain exercise and also good for knowing yourself deeply.
And remember that at the end of the day, it’s your self-beliefs and feelings that matter the most to you!
The link between meditation, mindfulness and self-awareness is clear,
meaning it’s no surprise that practising the first two will naturally lead to more of the third.
Self-awareness is the way to see ourselves clearly. This article provides information regarding barriers of self-awareness that most of the people do not know and also about the way to cultivate self-awareness.
The information is given in the article that how to understand the self-awareness and
the way to cultivate is the major information and many people can learn through this the way to overcome the barriers of self-awareness and can develop or improve their self-awareness in recent years.
Your self-awareness allows you to keep a tab on your own emotions resulting as your response to a specific event and attune your actions accordingly to accomplish your set goal.
Your knowledge about self-awareness, self-motivation and self-regulation will help you identify your skill set, interests, career path, and key motivators.
Quotes for you:
I am no bird; and no net ensnares me: I am a free human being with an independent will.” “I care for myself. The more solitary, the more friendless, the more unsustained I am, the more I will respect myself.”Unknown.
So now after reading all these let’s get started ahead to get more aware of ourselves to be the best version of ourselves good luck to all my readers. Happy life.
If a person lacks self-awareness then he might be explosive sometimes and may be dangerous to himself too as he doesn’t know how to behave and control himself.
because it help them to understand the situation and let them handle it in their way. self-awareness also opens the door of response than to react in every situation.
Do check out these too
- The ultimate guide for Goal Setting 2020 – Best Tips - May 29, 2020
- Bullet Journal: method of the personal organization 2020 - May 29, 2020
- The breathtaking world of self-help books in 2020 - May 29, 2020