Do you know a Bachelor of Commerce? Yes, you know its because it is the best option for a student who wants to make their career-making accounting world. But still, if you don’t know what is b.com., this blog post is only for you.
Everyone loves to shop, especially women, shopping is their first requirement.
We all do shopping 1 to 2 times a month, but when it comes to the total amount of money spent on shopping, then our head is only in doing small accounting and in accounting only.
But just think about big e-commerce companies and big shopping malls.
How many products they sell in 1 day, the price of each product is different.
So this question must have come in your mind at some time. …….
- Who does the accounting of these big shopping malls and e-commerce companies?
- Who manages their account?
- How is the account managed?
- How can you become an account manager?
Today we will talk about a degree course B Com related to this subject, after which you can become an account manager.
Let us know every small and big information related to BCom.
Let’s find it….
- What is B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce)?
- Top 10 Colleges in India for B.Com.
- Course or syllabus
- After B.Com. best course
- Career option after B.Com
What is B.Com.?
BCom is a professional degree course related to commerce stream, its full name is Bachelor of Commerce.
It has many subjects like financial accounting corporate accounting.
You will find colleges in this course in almost all the small and big cities.
This is a bachelor’s degree course, which is recognized all over India and also in the world, you can do this course after 12th.
This is the first and a very good option for the students who complete their 11th and 12th from commerce stream.
It is a technical degree course, so to perform this course, the candidate must have the following qualifications.
- Candidate should have (10 + 2) or 12th pass.
- 12th must have at least 45 to 60% numbers.
Subject and Steam are not required to do this course but still, some college has the following qualifications mandatory.
- Candidate should have passed 12th with the Commerce stream.
- Candidate should have 12th pass with Mathematics subject.
- 12th must have at least 60% numbers.
Top 10 Colleges in India for B.COM.
- Shri Ram College of College of Commerce New Delhi
- Lady Shri Ram College New Delhi
- Loyola College Chennai Tamil Nadu Tamil Nadu
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai Maharashtra
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar Punjab
- Christ University, Bangalore Karnataka
- Hindu College, New Delhi
- Narsee Monjee college of commerce and economy, Mumbai, Maharashtra Mumbai Maharashtra
- St Andrew’s College of Arts Science and Commerce, Mumbai, Maharashtra
- Hansraj College HRC, New Delhi
For admission to B. Com college, the candidate must have the above qualifications.
Admission in B. Com is done in different colleges in different mediums which is as follows …..
Mostly 80% of the colleges in B.Com. Directly admit, so you can get admission through the personal interviews by going to the college in which you have to take admission.
But keep in mind that not all colleges or universities directly apply for admissions.
College to enter B. Com which is conducted by a university entrance test.
You can take admission by appearing in the entrance examination conducted by the college or university in which you want to get admission and achieve good marks.
As you know this is a graduation degree course so this course is full 3 years.
Each year is divided into 2 semesters, so there are 6 semesters in total.
Examinations are held at the end of each year but some colleges conduct examinations at the end of each semester.
Course or syllabus
In this course you get the opportunity to learn about all the important topics related to commerce and accounting.
The basic course curriculum of BCom,
- Business organization and management
- Financial accounting
- Company and industrial laws
- Principles of economics
- Humanities group (you can choose one of these subjects) – history, political, science one of MIL (Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Tamil, etc.)
- Business mathematics and statistics
- Corporate accounting
- Company and compensation laws
- Income tax and auditing
- Cost accounting
- Computer applications in business
- Economics development and policies
- Humanities group (you can choose one of these subjects) – History, English, Political, science, one of MIL (Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Tamil, etc.)
In the final year, you have selected one of the following subjects for study.
- Financial management
- Marketing management
- Human resources management
NOTE- If you have to do specification in any one subject then you can also choose the subject in the second year of BCom which are as follows-
2nd year- (Specialisation)
- Advertising and sales management
- Computer application
- Foreign trade
- Office management
The fee structure in B.Com is different in different colleges, so we can divide Fee of B.Com. college as follows ….
- 1st level private and government college- 6-15 thousand
- 2nd level- 15-45 thousand
- 3 level- a famous private college- more than 45 thousand
After B.Com best course
After completing your B.Com, you can opt for the following programs.
- Masters of Commerce (M.Com)
- Masters of Business Administration (MBA in Finance)
- Chartered Accountant (CA)
- Business Accounting and Taxation
- Post Graduate Diploma in Banking (PGDB)
- Business Correspondent Courses
- Financial Risk Management
- Chartered Financial Analyst
- Financial modeling
- Head Start in Investment Banking
- Cost accounting
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA)
- Certified Public Accounting (CPA)
- Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA)
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)
- Digital Marketing
Before doing any course, all the students are interested in knowing where to get a job after doing this course, so let’s know the answer to this question …..
Best job after B.Com.
- Accounting and Auditing
- Tax Advisory Services
- Financial Services
- Manufacturing Services
- Government Services
- Commercial Banking
- International Banking
- Insurance Services
- Telecommunication Services and BPO’sOther Sectors includes Automobile, Hospitality, Media, Information Technology Services
BCom is a professional graduation degree course related to commerce stream, whose full name is Bachelor of Commerce.
In this course, you get the opportunity to study important topics related to accounting from finance to finance.
Like other graduation courses, it is 3 years like the graduation course, in order to do this course, you must pass 12th from any subject or stream.
There are many career options available for you in the field of financial, accounting, and marketing, after doing this course.
Accounting and Auditing
Tax Advisory Services
Yes, if you have done B.Com (Bachelor of Commerce) after 12th and your interest is in the computer field.
So you can do MCA (Master of Computer Application), in this course you are given complete information from Computer Basic to Computer Programming and Software Development.
Yes, B.Com Students can apply for AFCAT for Ground Duties course in final year or after completing B.Com.
Students of B Com or any stream related to commerce stream cannot apply for NDA Entrance Exam. Can not join the Indian Navy, Air Force or Army as a commissioned officer as an officer.
Both BCom and BBA are courses with similar career opportunities, both are 3-year undergraduate degree courses.
But if you want to do MBA then BBA is the best option for you, on the other hand if you want to become CA, CS, or CFA, then you have a B.Com best option.
If you have passed 12th from any subject other than Math and you want to do B.Com, there are many colleges that give admission to B.Com without Math subject too.
The following are some of the top colleges.
St. Xavier’s Mumbai.
Bharti Vidyapeeth Total Seats:
Symbiosis Uni. (Pune) Total Seats
BBA is easier than BCom but it depends on your college because in many colleges only basic information is known, on the other hand many colleges believe in quality education.
Friends, I hope you liked our [What is BCom (Bachelor of Commerce?] Post, if you liked this post then you can share it with your friends.
Reader & Learner | Blogger | Freelancer |
I like reading books & help others. |
I hope you like my work.
Have a nice day!