Are you someone who use face serum or searching for the best face serums for a glowing skin? There are many options available in the market that you can use to take care of your face skin.
When I was a child, I used to apply soap as a cleanser on my face. When I grew a little, somebody told me, “Do not apply soap on the face. It damages the skin. Rather, use face wash”. Then I started using the face wash.
Again someone told me, “After applying face wash, moisturize your skin with face cream”. I said fine and started using it. Slowly I also got to know that the face cream must be according to your skin type (like oily, dry, etc).
Now, again when I grew up a little old, somebody told me, “After using face wash and before applying moisturizer, apply a lightweight moisturizer to get the best out of your skin”. Then I started thinking what am I missing out on my skincare routine now? The missing part is nothing but Face Serum.
Are you wondering what this face serum is? Also, how and when to use it? I know many more such types of questions must be popping up inside your head related to face serum. Do not worry. It took me years to add a face serum to my skincare routine. But you do not need to wait for someone to come and tell you one by one what things to add to your skincare routine.
This article is a full guide on all about face serum and the best face serum in India. So, let’s get into it.
What is in it-
- What is Face Serum?
- Use of Face Serum
- Steps to Apply Face Serum
- How to Choose the Right Face Serum?
- Types of Face Serum
- Best Face Serum in India
What is Face Serum?
Face serum is a lightweight moisturizer. It is used after cleansing your face and before applying the moisturizer. Face serum contains active ingredients like acids, antioxidants, botanical extracts, vitamins, etc.
Their concentration is higher than a general facial moisturizer. Face serums are thin and liquid in texture. It comes in the form of water, oil, gel, and light cream. If you want to get the most out of your skin then you must include the best face serum in your skincare routine.
Use of Face Serum
Now the question arises, why use a face serum? What is the benefit that you will get out of it? So, let us see the use of face serum point-by-point.
- Use face serum for minimizing dark spot appearance – Dark spot is the main concern for today’s generation. The appearance of dark spots below your eyes is due to unhealthy living habits and staying awake late at night. Because Netflix is important, right? Your health and skin are more important.
Dark spots can also be seen if you are exposed to UV rays daily and if you are ageing. So, to cure and minimize its appearance, the use of the best face serum is your go-to skincare routine.
- Use face serum to brighten dull skin – Due to ageing, your skin starts looking dull. Also, when you are too exhausted from work and do not take care of your skin, even then your skin starts looking low and dull. Hence, to brighten up your skin, you must use the best face serum.
- Use face serum to reduce wrinkles – Again, due to ageing, wrinkles start appearing on your face that start reducing your charm. The use of the best face serum will help refine and reduce wrinkles.
- Use face serum to regain moisture – When you mature, your skin starts losing moisture gradually from your face. Hence, face serum helps you regain and retain the moisture on your face.
- Use face serum to manage acne-prone skin – Most of the people is frustrated with acne problem. Face serum also helps you manage acne-prone skin hence, giving you flawless skin.
- Use face serum to hydrate – Some of you have dry skin. Some have oily skin but a time comes when your skin starts dehydrating and you lose all shine from your face. So, to hydrate your face again, use the best face serum.
Steps to Apply Face Serum
After knowing when to use face serum, let us see how to apply it.
- Cleanser – First, you must clean your skin with the best cleanser that suits your skin type. You can do it two times a day, morning and evening.
- Serum – Now, you need to apply the best face serum that suits your skin. Take a pea-sized amount of serum and massage it on your face until it gets absorbed.
- Moisturizer – After applying the best face serum, apply a moisturizer that suits your skin type. Moisturizer is very important. It does not leave your skin dry and itchy.
How to Choose the Right Face Serum?
Several factors play a major role in the selection of your best face serum.
- Skin Type – We all have different types of skin. Some have dry, oily, sensitive skin, etc. So recommending one face serum to all is not correct. It might work well for you but can prove a disaster for others. Therefore, you must buy the face serum as per your skin type.
- Skin Problems – We also experience different skin problems. Dry skin has its problems and the same goes with oily skin. Along with that, some have dark spots, wrinkles, acne, etc. Therefore, every skin problem has its type of face serum that can help reduce it.
- Test Beforehand – Make sure you do a patch test before applying the whole application.
- Avoid colour and fragrance – Do not think that too much fragrance and delightful colours mean the serum will be very good for your skin.
Face serum contains a lot of chemicals and ingredients. Therefore, check the ingredients and direction of use before applying them to your face.
- Quality – This is a very important parameter for any product. Check the brand and its product quality before buying it. Be very cautious regarding the quality because it is all about your face and skin. So, any kind of damage cannot be avoided here.
- Price – Check the quality and brand. See if they are charging higher than is it worth the price or not. At the same time, it also depends on your budget.
- Reviews – Today, for almost all the product we buy, we use to check the reviews. Also, we try to find people in our contact if anyone has used it or not.
This gives us the clarity of product quality and its effectiveness. Therefore, always check the reviews of the serum before buying it.
Types of Face Serum and Best Face Serum in India
So here I am going to tell you the different types of face serum. Along with it, I will mention for which skin type and skin problem it is good for.
Hydrating Face Serum
- Purpose – It gives an extra layer to your face. Due to the ingredients used, it draws water on the top layer of your skin to protect it from dehydration.
- Best for:
- Skin type – All type
- Skin problem – Dehydrating, tired, and dull skin.
Antioxidant Face Serum
- Purpose – Protects from free radicals as it causes ageing. These are unstable molecular fragments and attack cells via the oxidation process.
- Best for:
- Skin type – All type
- Skin problem – Damaged skin from UV rays, pesticides, air pollution, and also serves to age.
Brightening Face Serum
- Purpose – It helps in toning up your low and dull skin. The main purpose of this face serum is to remove dead and pigmented cells and brighten up our skin.
- Best for:
- Skin type – Hyperpigmentation, and dull skin.
- Skin problem – Dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and acne marks.
Resurfacing Face Serum
- Purpose – Removes dead cells built upon the skin and makes it smooth.
- Best for:
- Skin type – Generally for all skin but most suitable for sensitive skin.
- Skin problem – Dead skin cells.
Clarifying Face Serum
- Purpose – Helps in the treatment of excess oil production in your skin. It seeps into your skin surface and regulates oil production.
- Best for:
- Skin type – Oily.
- Skin problem – Breakouts, clogged pores, and excess oily skin.
Pore-Minimizing Face Serum
- Purpose – Helps reduce the large pores on your skin. It seeps inside the pores and loses the clogs. Also, it helps decrease the excess sebum secretion.
- Best for:
- Skin type – All type.
- Skin problem – Clogged and large pores, and orange peel texture.
Anti-Aging Face Serum
- Purpose – The name itself reveals everything. It focuses on wrinkles, fine lines, and loss of elasticity and firmness. Anti-ageing face serum also targets dullness, pigmentation concerns, and dark spots.
- Best for:
- Skin type – All type.
- Skin problem – Wrinkles, fine lines, loss of firmness and elasticity, and all other sign of ageing.
Calming Face Serum
- Purpose – It helps reduce redness, irritation, soothe sensitive skin, and strengthen weak skin barriers. It also repairs the damaged skin by restoring moisture, sealing cracks in between skin cells.
- Best for:
- Skin type – Sensitive skin.
- Skin problem – Redness, irritation, loss of moisture, weak skin barriers, and cracks between skin cells.
Best Face Serum in India
As you know about the importance and best practices of using a face serum now, let me tell you about the best face serums available in India.
Klairs Vitamin C Serum
It is one of the best face serums in India. Vitamin C is very useful for evening out your skin and also treats hyperpigmentation. This face serum can be used for all types of skin.
Estee Lauder ANR
It is the most expensive and best face serums available in the Indian market. This is not a vitamin C serum but a recovery serum.
It has skin-replenishing, restoring, and anti-ageing properties. The ingredients used in this serum have many benefits that keep your skin healthy and never let it lose the glam.
Suganda Niacinamide Serum
You can pick up this serum if you have the problem of hyperpigmentation and brown spots on your face. So, to give a simple and brightening look o your face, you got to pick up this serum.
Pure by Priyanka Glow Serum
Again, this face serum is not a Vitamin C serum. It is an oil-based serum that contains many beneficial oils and some extracts and acts as an anti-ageing element.
A lot of Ayurveda has been used here. Those who have dry, oily, and combination skin types can very well use this. Avoid using if you have acne-prone skin.
Suganda BHA Serum
We have another best face serum in India. It is a chemical exfoliator and is best for the one who is suffering from blackheads and whiteheads problems.
This serum can be used for any type of skin. It even works for sensitive skin. Suganda BHA Serum is gentle and gets absorbed easily into your skin. It does not lead to any sort of rash.
Pure by Priyanka Vitamin C Serum
We have one more serum coming from this brand as one of the best face serums in India. It has two types of Vitamin C ingredients, one is water-soluble and the other is oil soluble.
This serum has great brightening effects, is antioxidant, and cures hyperpigmentation. It suits all types of skin. Yes, it takes a little time to get absorbed in the skin but is faster than the other Vitamin C serums.
Suganda Antioxidant Serum
This serum contains vitamin C, vitamin E, and ferulic acid. It acts as a great antioxidant agent for your skin. Also, it is a very good moisturizer. So, if your skin is missing these two nourishments then Suganda AAntioxidant Serum is good to go face serum.
Earth Rhythm Alpha Arbutin Serum
This is our number eight best face serum. It brings a brightening effect to your skin. So, if your skin is looking low and dull, you can go with this serum. It is lightweight and absorbs the skin very quickly. The best part is it works with all types of skin.
Neemli Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin C Serum
This serum is a great moisturizer and brings brightening effects to your skin. Dull and dry skins can be overcome by this. The main point of this face serum is that it absorbs very slowly on your skin.
Mcaffiene Green Tea Serum
It is a very good hydrating serum and penetrates deep into your skin. If you are looking for a very affordable serum and hydration effect, this is the go-to serum for you.
One thing to mark here is that if you have sensitive skin then stay away from this product. It is because it contains perfume and colour that can irritate your skin.
That was all about face serum. For your reference, I have also mentioned the best face serums in India. These serums are highly in demand in the Indian market.
Now that you have known all about the face serum for women, you can identify your skin requirements and add the right serum to your skincare routine. So, what are you waiting for! Go and order now, gain flawless skin, and enhance your charm and glam.
Also you can read our blog on Top 10 Rose Water Brands in India For A Supple Soft Skin
- Which face serum is best for glowing skin?
Following are the best face serum for glowing skin:
1. Suganda Niacinamide Serum
2. Pure by Priyanka Vitamin C Serum
3. Earth Rhythm Alpha Arbutin Serum
4. Neemli Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin C Serum
- Which is the best Vitamin C face serum in India?
Following are the best vitamin C face serum in India:
1. Klairs Vitamin C Serum
2. Estee Lauder ANR
3. Pure by Priyanka Glow Serum
4. Pure by Priyanka Vitamin C Serum
5. Suganda Antioxidant Serum
6. Neemli Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin C Serum
- Which face serum should I use?
It depends on your skin type and problems. There is no general face serum recommended to you. Every serum serves its purpose. Therefore, it is a must that you identify your skin type and problems you have and then go for the best face serum that suits you. I have mentioned face serums for all types above. You can refer them.
- When face serum should be used?
Generally, it is said that you should use the face serum twice a day. One in the morning and the other in the evening. Do not forget to cleanse your skin. After that only and before applying the moisturizer, you need to apply the serum to your face.